How to Make Soy Pillar Candles
Soy candles are a popular, environmentally-friendly option for people who enjoy
their warm glow. This article shows you how to make soy pillar candles.
1. Melt the wax. Place the wax into a double boiler. Use medium heat and stir
the wax until completely melted.
2. Prep the mold. It is best to use a metal mold without seams. There should
be a hole on the bottom that is just small enough for the wick to go through.
• Using the pieces from a standard wick kit, cut the wick
to be twice the size of the candle height.
• Run the wick through the black sponge piece and washer.
• Tie a tight knot in the wick, with the knot against the
washer. This prevents the wax from running out the bottom of the hole in the mold.