Traffic Getting Strategies
Today, with advancement in the technology every business has evolved online and obviously
web presence matters a lot for the promotion of every business and enterprise. Since half of
the business has turned online, it is important to use effective strategies to woo your clients.
No matter how you look at traffic genuinely, quality traffic simply means the rush of
people who are actually interested in getting certain information online. Hence, there have
been many arguments that traffic is traffic, but to literally get the crowd on your website
you need to treat them as real people. It is important as it will help you catch more traffic
once you will know who you are targeting.
Undoubtedly, search engine optimization plays a great role in bringing traffic to the
website. Installing a related content plugin, utilizing keyword research tools, using keywords
in post sites, relevant keywords in image file names, linking to the authorized sites, etc.
are the major tasks an SEO executive performs to bring the website to a higher rank.
• Urllist.txt - It's a kind of sitemap in text file format which aims to
help in identifying the path and number of the available urls on the server.
• Sitemap.xml - A Sitemap is an XML file listing the URLs for a website. The
webmasters use it to view the graphical representation of a site. The protocols of sitemap
inform the search engines about the particular URLs available for crawling.
• Meta Viewport Tag- Meta View Tags also popularly known as Viewport tags are used
to check the responding nature of the website. It helps to check out if the website is responsive
on mobile phones, tablets, I-phones, etc. In particular, the web developers use this viewport tag
to set the width of the layout viewport related to CSS declarations.
• Favicon- A favicon is simply a file having one or more small icons that are associated
with a specific website or a web page. This icon is popular with many other names like shortcut
icon, URL icon, bookmark icon, tab icon, etc.
• Apple Touch Icon - Just like Favicon, The Apple Touch Icon is a file used
as a web page icon on the Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc. This icon is basically used when
someone bookmarks your web page or adds it to one's home screen.
• Meta Tags - Meta elements are the tags that are used in XHTML or HTML to provide
a planned metadata about the web page. They work as an important part of the head section of
the webpage. Since these tags are useful for search engine optimization and are not visible to the users.
• Customized 404 error page - The Customized 404 error displays the message "Page
Not Found" when the page searched by the user is simply not available. There can be the links
that are not available or have been currently removed from the website. Consequently, when
there is no page to display, the web server displays a message saying "404 page not found".
• Local citations for Branding - Local Citation refers to the task of mentioning
your companies' local information on other websites or the places available on the internet. Local
citation assists in branding your website and also help you rank higher in local search results.
• Info Graphics Submission - As the name suggests, infographics are literally the
graphical representations loaded with the information or integrated data. This infographic
submission on the feature websites actually help in search engine optimization and are effective
in bringing traffic to the platform.
• PPT Submission - PPT is a file extension used for depicting a presentation file used
by Microsoft PowerPoint. This popular software is generally used to display the information in the
form of slide show. It is again an important and efficient method of getting traffic to your website.
• Google Business Places -is one of the important submission methods that can be used
to let Google crawl your business and bring traffic to it at the same time. Google My business enables
you to create a profile of your business and then verifies your local business which ultimately
helps Google map to crawl it.
• Image Submission - As the name clarifies, image submission means posting images on
different websites to increase the links. These images can be submitted directly or by using URLs
to promote your website and bring traffic to it. These submissions literally increase your site
visibility and the popularity of your website.