Autoresponder Pitfalls to Avoid
Autoresponders are automatic emails that you broadcast to your list. They serve many
functions for your online home business including:
• They reassure your prospect that their email has been received and
that a response is forth coming. No more guessing if the email got through the firewall
and into the right hands.
• They are a way to announce vacations and other times when you will
not be available.
• They are a way to supply information in the form of FAQ's, pricing
of products and other fixed information.
• The most notable use for auto responders is building a relationship
with your prospects that results in trust. When trust has been created this can result in
sales of your product, affiliate products, business opportunity...
To have a very effective autoresponder you must clearly define your target market so
you know their needs, problems and solutions they are seeking. This way you can deliver
the most value by having the content of your emails provide solutions to their problems.
Most importantly, your emails must deliver what was promised in your lead capture page.
Remember, your prospect is giving you very valuable information in the form of his/her
contact information. You must treat this highly guarded information with respect and
gratitude and deliver unsurpassed value.
Knowing how to correctly use an autoresponder series as a tool to grow your online home
business is critical. There are six mistakes to avoid if you want to be the most successful
at marketing your business online.
1. Stay focused and avoid going way off topic. If your product is a wellness product
than it is important that your autoresponder be about health and wellness.
2. Do not discuss emotional and controversial topics including, religion, politics and
sex. It is very important that your audience not be offended by a radical point of view.
Stay away from emotionally charged topics. That will be the quickest way to get someone to
opt out of your list.
3. Give up trying to be funny. Humor often has to do with biases. What is funny to you
may be very offensive to someone else. Avoid "blonde" jokes, "fat" jokes, etc. It is okay
to use humor to poke fun at yourself and the problem but not the victim of the problem.
4. Avoid the temptation of jumping right into trying to sell them before you have
delivered what you have promised. Or for that matter not building trust first. Otherwise,
it will be viewed as a sales pitch. Remember people do not want to be sold!
5. Don't be boring. If you are, your emails will net be read and ultimately your list
will shrink. To avoid this be entertaining. Tell interesting stories that tie in well with
your content and that your audience can relate to. People have many demands on their time.
Be respectful of this fact.
6. Be clear and concise with what you are saying. If you are hard to understand and
difficult to follow this will cause confusion. This leads to inaction and will be
reflected in your monetary results.
Avoiding these pitfalls with your autoresponder will greatly improve your relationship
with your list. This then will lead to better monetary results, the desired result of any
successful online business.
Dianne Thomsen has been a successful network marketer for five years using the old
methods of cold calling, warm market prospecting, etc. Now with the assistance of the
Renegade University she teaches others
how to use the Internet to generate leads.
Using the Renegade's step-by-step tutorials she assists others in building their Internet
presence and monetizing through The Renegade Training Affiliate Program.