CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Cert Guide
Start-to-finish A+ preparation from the world’s number 1 PC hardware expert, Scott Mueller!
Master every A+ topic!
• Essential concepts and troubleshooting principles
• BIOS and CMOS
• Memory types and characteristics
• I/O ports and multimedia devices
• Video cards and displays
• Motherboards, CPUs, and adapter cards
• Laptop components
• Windows Vista, XP, and 2000
• Power supplies and system cooling
• Safety and environmental concerns
CompTIA A+ Certification is widely recognized as the first certification you should
receive in an IT (Information Technology) career. Whether you are planning to specialize
in PC hardware, Windows operating system management, or network management, the
CompTIA A+ Certification exams measure the baseline skills you need to master in order
to begin your journy toward greater responsibilities and achievements in IT.
The number one goal of this book is to help you pass the 2009 version of the CompTIA
A+ Certification Essentials Exam (number 220-701) and the Practical Application Exam
(number 220-701), and earn your CompTIA A+ Certification.
One method used by many A+ certification authors is to simply follow the objectives
step-by-step. The problem is that because different parts of the computer - such as
hard disk, display, Windows, and others - are covered in many different objectives,
this approach creates a lot of overlap between chapters and does not help readers
to understand exactly how a particular part of the computer fits together with the rest.
In this book we have used a subsystem approach. Each chapter is devoted to a particular
part of the computer so that you understand how the components of each part work
together and how each part of the computer works with other parts. To make sure you
can relate the books contents to the CompTIA A+ Certification objectives as needed,
and we provide a master cross-reference list later in this introduction.
Test your knowledge, build your confidence, and succeed!
• Packed with visuals to help you learn fast
• Dozens of troubleshooting scenarios
• Real-world A+ prep advice from experts
• Easy-to-use exam preparation task lists
• Do I Know This Already? quizzes help you gauge your knowledge, focus your study, and review the material