Tips For Creating a Winning Banner Ad
Simply having the right software won't help you in creating a good banner. Here are
some tips on creating a good banner design.
1. Use the words "Click here" or "Enter" every time you design a banner. You may think
that these are overused words in the online world. However, it has been proven time and
again that these do increase the effectiveness of a banner ad by about 20-30 percent.
2. Animate Your Banners. It is also said that an animated banner increases your banner
ad's effectiveness by 30-40 percent. The key when using animation is to keep it to a
minimum when creating your banner. The reason for this is that having big pictures and
images or live video in your banner will mean that it loads too slowly.
3. Create quick loading banners. Having banners less than 10-12 KB ensures this. However,
this may be difficult to achieve when using animation in your ads. Generally the majority
of animated banners are within the 15-20 KB but that is a way too large to load quickly.
4. Use an awesome headline in your banner. Also remember that simply having a fine
looking banner doesn't mean people will click on it .The key to an effective banner
advertisement is to have a good headline. It is advisable to have the same headline on
your banner ad as what you have on your entry page.
5. The best word to use in your banner headline is "FREE." This doesn't at all imply
that you have to include the word "FREE" in your banner and have no other text. The fact
is, that by using the word "FREE" in almost any headline makes your response rates
6. Blue underlined text will often increase your response rate. Having blue underlined
text usually implies they are links. Therefore by having your headline in this type of
format will ensure a higher click through ratio as people know it is a link to another site.
7. A blue border gives you a better response rate than any other color border does for
a banner. Using blue for the border color of your banner will influence a greater number
of people to click on the entire banner. It is often a fine idea to use your web site
address in the banner. Use of a web address or company logo in a small section of the banner
just helps to produce a branding effect on people's minds and gives you a few extra hits.
8. Change your banner ads frequently. Research has proven that banner ads loose their
effectiveness after about the third viewing. If a person hasn't clicked on it by at least
the third viewing, then that person will probably never do it.
Simply having the right software won't help you in creating a good banner. It is all
about catching the viewer's attention and giving them a reason to click on it.
Bizymoms.com has been helping moms realize their
work at home dreams for over 10 years.
With over 5 million visitors annually, Bizymoms.com is now offering
options on their popular homepage to meet the needs of any business opportunity, franchise
or business support service.