FREE Ebook - Basic PC Anatomy
I always say "in a boat, out on a lake, with a six pack of beer, fishing. That's reality.
Everything else in life is just a game we play." Computers are a part of that game, a toy that
everybody takes way too serious. If you don't understand computers, if you're not up on the
latest computer lingo, you're considered illiterate. This ebook can help.
Maybe you want to build your own computer, or maybe you want to fix the computer you already
have. Before you tackle those jobs you might first want to first learn the basic structure
and operation of computers. This ebook can help.
Most basic computer books drag you through the entire history of computers, wasting your time
learning about interfaces and hardware that haven't been seen in decades. Or they use pictures
with large brightly colored areas like you're a preschooler. Or they load the book up with filler
like you're a dummy or an idiot.
This ebook explains the main components and functions of a computer in an efficient and concise
manor without taking you down memory lane or wasting your time with witty filler material. When
you finish reading it, you'll understand enough about computers to no longer be considered
illiterate, and you'll still have time left to go fishing.
• The Computers Back Connector Panel
• Power Supply Form Factors
• Motherboard Form Factors
• PC Processor Fundamentals
• Understanding Computer Memory
• PC Disk File Systems
• Anatomy of a Hard Drive
• Hardware Resources Explained
• Device Driver Basics
• Plug and Play Resource Allocation
• Serial ATA Hard Drive
• The Universal Serial Bus
• IEEE-1394 FireWire
• The Small Computer System Interface (SCSI)
• Understanding the Software Layers of a Computer
More Computer Anatomy Articles:
• Basic Computer Thermodynamics
• How to Build Your Own PC - The Smart Way
• Hard Disc Fundamentals
• Understanding Your PC's CPU Clock Speed and Front Side Bus
• How Does Wireless Internet Work?
• Building Your Own PC! - The Motherboard is the Core of the PC
• Hard Drives - ATA versus SATA
• Installing an Optical Drive
• Digital Video Interface (DVI)
• IEEE-1394 FireWire