Length of Line on a Grid calculator
Each grid space is 10 units x 10 units. Click on the grid to define one
end of a line. Click on the grid to define the other end of the line. The
length of the line will be calculated.
You may also create a line by entering end point values in the text boxes.
You can edit end point values in the text boxes. Entering values higher than
300 will cause the line to go outside the grid.
To calculate the length of a line on a grid, view the line as the hypotenuse
of a right triangle. One side of the right triangle is the distance between the
horizontal locations of the end points of the line (x2 - x1). The other side of
the right triangle is the distance between the verticle locations of the end
points of the line (y2 - y1). Then you can use Pythagoras theorem to calculate
the length of the hypotenuse (the line).
More Search Section Information:
• Screen Tape Adding Machine
• Computer and Component Manufacturers Support Links
• Online Statistics Calculator
• Useful Resources on the Web
• Periodic Table of the Elements
• Decimal to Hexidecimal/Hexidecimal to Decimal Converter
• Fahrenheit to Celsius / Celsius to Fahrenheit Converter
• Length of Line on a Grid calculator
• Cube / Box Volume Calculator
• Minispreadsheet Instructions