Three Tips to Improve Conversion Rates and Increase Sales
• Is your website attracting lots of traffic?
• Are you converting visitors into buyers?
• Is it easy to navigate your website?
• Does your web copy captivate attention?
Traffic is the lifeblood of your business. The probability of generating sales or new
subscribers increases as more visitors view your website content. If your design lacks professionalism
or if the content doesn't captivate the attention of your visitors they will leave and go elsewhere.
If the content is not optimized for your targeted keywords you won't generate free traffic
from the search engines.
When a person first visits your website you only have a few seconds to impress them.
Firstly, your web pages should contain plenty of white space between all the elements on the
page so it's easy to read.
Secondly, make sure your site is easy to navigate. The navigation links should be at
the top, left or right side of the pages. If your site contains many pages include a Site Map
so a visitor can scroll through the table of contents.
Thirdly, use contrasting colors (ie black text on a white background) to make important
elements stand out from the rest of the page. Only use images that enhance the content.
2. Search engine optimization
Visitors will decide the success or failure of your website, therefore optimizing your
website for the search engines generates targeted traffic. Search engines find your website
based on the keywords used in your content and html code.
Here are some tips for optimizing your web pages:
• Place your most important keyword or keyword phrase at the beginning
of the title meta tag.
• Create a captivating description about your website in the description meta tag.
• Include your keywords in your content, navigation, internal links and file
names of your website.
• Use a different keyword or keyword phrase in the title meta tag for each web page.
• Get links (backlinks) from related sites to point to your website.
3. Web Content
When I visit a website the first couple of questions I ask myself are: "what's the purpose
of this site and how will the content benefit me?" Usually I only take a few seconds to scan
the home page. If nothing grabs my attention I'm out of there.
So what should you do to captivate your visitors' attention?
Here are some important tips:
• Ask yourself “how does your product or service stand out from your competitors?
• When writing your content think from your visitor’s viewpoint ie "what’s in it for me?"
• Place your greatest benefit at the top of the page followed by other benefits
• Use headlines, sub-headlines and bullet points to make it easy to scan your web page content
• Include a clear call to action
To understand where your traffic is coming from, what keywords are being used to find
your website and what traffic strategies are working use Google Analytics or Awstats to monitor
your website traffic.
If you take action on the steps outlined above you'll not only attract targeted traffic
but increase sales.
Learn to write copy that boosts your search engine rankings and improves your conversion
Rate. The Step-by-Step Copywriting Course let’s you learn at your own pace with real world
examples and practice assignments. Get yours now at
Step-by-Step Copywriting Course