"Over 90 percent of companies run background checks on applicants".
Unemployment is soaring. Many employers have already seized new hiring ventures and very few jobs are available. Despite a very modest improvement in recent months, the job market is still hovering around 9.5 percent unemployment, unthinkable four years ago. In most fields and industries, competition for the best jobs is almost overwhelming.
Is there anything a common job seeking person can do to stand out from the unemployed crowd? Actually, there is a way by which you can mark your primal success over your competitor candidate and how it's going to be happen, when you run your own background employment check before applying a job.
The question arises in every job seeking mind that how running an employment check upon yourself might help in getting a prospective job career. So it is simply because, first it enables you to find out if any erroneous information is being reported about you. And second, it reassures potential employers that the qualifications you present in your job application are true and correct. A study conducted by a human resource and recruiting firm stated that as many as 44 percent of the resumes and job applications contain inaccuracies or outright deceptions.
Every single employer is now conducting a background check or employment check before hiring. The fact you have presented your own self-background- employment check suggests that a problem is not likely to crop up when the employer runs its own background check. In other means, it can double your chances for being hired as employer will not be able to uncover something which will cause him⁄her to have to disqualify you at end of hiring process thereby wasting company time and resources.
What's more, as said, if by chance there is some mistake being made in compiling your background check, for example, a State is erroneously reporting you have a criminal record when if fact you don't, running your own background check will alert you to this problem so you can take steps to correct it before an employer sees it.
Bottom Line: This may be a good preemptive strategy in today's killer job market. But how do you go about it? Let's have a look at it through these simple easy steps to opt for a employment check.
There are four essential pre employment background checks that you can run on yourself are as follows;
1. Education: Pre employment background checks
2. Credit Record or History Checks
3. Employment Criminal background checks
4. Social Security Number Trace
Education Background Check Made Easy:
Education background checks is one of the most essentials checks employers perform as employment checks. Strict credentialing practices are used to verify your university⁄college accreditations, your study time (attendance and date of admission⁄passing out) and sometimes your grades are also verified.
• When verifying your own university⁄college degree, the first place you want to look is The National Student Clearinghouse. They run the automated database that provides degree verification very quickly.
• Typically, colleges and universities provide education verification over the telephone. You can contact your institution administration⁄registrar office to confirm the accreditation of university⁄college with accreditation authorities. Then you can double check your admission⁄passing out dates as well as your grades.
• If your institution cannot find your degree or the name on degree is changed to your current name, (an unusual situation, but it might happen), you have to take care of the problem. You will probably need to fax the school a copy of your diploma or any other documentation you have, to remove the chances of being debugged.
Credit Records or History Pre Employment Background Checks:
Be aware of what is on your credit report, especially if you think a prospective employer might check it. That way, if there are inaccuracies on the report, you can take steps to correct them.
Employers are very keen to know about your credit histories as it can easily predict your future in their organization. So it's feasible to run a credit history employment check on yourself by adopting these four basic precautions.
• Contact your bank and ask them for your credit report.
• If you find any mistake or discrepancy, point out and correct it right away.
• Make your bank to certify you for clean credit history.
• After these 3 steps to resurrection, you can notify your prospective employer of the inaccuracies and of the steps you have taken to correct them.
Criminal Background Checks as Employment Checks:
Employers want to know about your background, and you can be assured that they will check to see if you have a criminal history.
• The best source of a complete criminal background employment check is the Department of Justice for your state. If you have a criminal record in multiple states, you will need to contact each state's Department of Justice. You can also get a copy of your criminal record from the court where your case(s) went to court.
• These local records are found in courthouses and police departments, you can also look in specialized searches which include the Terrorist Watch List, the Federal Wanted Persons List, and Sex Offender Registries. Most of these records are contained in large databases that are updated on a regular basis.
• Criminal background checks be best searched by hand at the county⁄states level, with full names, date of birth, should be used as much as possible to confirm a positive identification.
Social Security Number Trace
An applicant's social security number is used throughout the pre-employment screening process, checking your validity of the number accomplish several things.
• It confirms that the number belongs to you and it provides a list of current and previous addresses, as well as other names used.
• Make sure each numeral is clearly written so no one has to try and decipher your handwriting.
• If you had reason to change your SSN, provide both numbers and add a brief note explaining why you had to change your number. Also, indicate when you started using the newer SSN.
• This verification also provides other last names associated with the SSN and a list of previous addresses.
Drawn Conclusion and Recommendations:
The strategy is simple. Get your own employment check report done, and then offer it to an employer as a way of reassuring him that you're on the up-and-up. This is not at all an uncommon practice these days. You can attach a printed copy of your Self-Check Employment Screening Report to your resume.
Not everyone knows what happens during a pre-employment screening. In fact, most people know very little about it. So, Consider hiring a specialize pre employment background checks company or try to check your background online with authentic sources and public record portals, they are extremely helpful and can easily detect you out of everywhere; they are reliable, cost effective and time saving.
The author of this researched article is a professional writer indulged in writing for changing trends in background screening and [backgroundcheckswiki.com page isn't working HTTP ERROR 400] employment check industry, its evolution and development in the online world.
More Finding a Job Information:
• Get Hired Faster By Changing Your Job Search Strategy
• How to Eat Cheap When You're Laid Off
• Recession Proof Jobs for the Over 50s
• Making the Most of a Job Fair
• At Home Call Center Jobs
• How to Become a Camp Ground Host
• Why Didn't I Get The Job?
• The Job Search Solution
• Movie and TV Extras Wanted - What Type Does Someone Have to Be?
• FREE ebook - How to Get a Job