Today’s job market is the toughest in recent history, and the challenges are here to stay.
Even so, you CAN get the job you want – IF you discard conventional approaches to the search.
Get the Job You Want, Even When No One’s Hiring is the ONLY career book that:
• Explains the special strategies necessary to land a job during an economic crisis
• Integrates comprehensive, practical guidance on both job search and career management
• Provides an extensive online “Job Search Survival Toolkit” to augment the book
• Addresses the realities of this job market with real-world, actionable steps
• Positions this downturn in the economy as a positive opportunity to develop a much better career
In this book, career expert Ford R. Myers maps the new world of job search and reveals
essential strategies for your success. You’ll learn how to seize opportunities that aren’t
posted yet - how to make yourself an instant asset to potential employers - how to clearly
stand-out as the best candidate ... and how to leverage social media, blogs, and other Web tools.
Best of all, you’ll learn how to “recession-proof” your career for the long term. Can
YOU Get the Job You Want, Even When No One’s Hiring? With this powerful new book – YES, you can!
Part 1. The Psychology of Job Hunting in a Down Market
1. Yes, The Job Market Is Bad - Really Bad
2. It's Okay to Feel Frustrated, Depressed, Afraid, Helpless, or Disoriented
3. This Has Happened Before and It Will Happen Again
4. Why Your Chances Are Better Than You Think
5. The Number-One Secret to Job Search Sucess
6. Tough Times Highlight the Difference Between Your Job and Your Career
7. Most Job-Humting Advice Doesn't Apply in a World Turned Upside Down
8. You Can't Stop the Storm, So Learn to Work in the Rain
9. How You Can Get A Better Job Faster When Times Are Tough
10. When No One's Hiring, Focus and Clarity Are More Important Than Ever
11. Your Attitude and Assumptions Will Dictate Your career Fate
12. Seven Truths of Career Success, for Both Good Times and Bad
13. How Employers React When There Are More Workers Than Jobs
14. Twenty habits of Highly Effective Job Seekers in a Down Market
15. Hidden Sources of Career Support, Information, and Advice
A reader from California says, "I am giving 'Get The Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring'
an excellent rating for several reasons. You get a lot of bang for your buck. This
comprehensive resource covers all aspects of the job search, and is a workbook too with
exercises to help you gain clarity on what you have to offer and what you want. Also many
sample documents, such as resumes, cover letters, job tracking forms, etc., are included.