Quick Guide to E-newsletter Publishing
Newsletter or e-zine publishing is a leading communication and marketing tool for
your web site and an important part of building a long-term successful online business.
For your business to gain benefits from your newsletter it must...
Be focused on a specific topic of interest for your readers.
Be original by writing your own articles.
Be realistic as to how much time you can devote to the purpose of producing a
newsletter. If you find you cannot write all your own articles due to lack of time, or for
various other reasons, try to limit the use of acquired free content articles that your
readers may have read elsewhere.
time a regular reliable publication is a sign of professionalism and credibility. If you find
you are having to resort to using acquired content on a frequent basis it may be time to
revise how often you publish your newsletter and perhaps aim to produce a monthly
publication instead of weekly or bi-weekly.
Checklist BEFORE starting your e-newsletter...
1) Decide how many subscribers you want to have.
2) What is the purpose of your newsletter. Decide who you are writing for - what
group or target market of people do you want to read your newsletter. This will help in
determining your topic, the title and how and where you will promote your newsletter.
3) What benefits will you deliver to your subscribers. Will you write original articles
with valuable information, occasional guest articles, helpful resources for your readers
with links to sites, reviews, classified advertising etc.
4) How often will you distribute your newsletter - weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, occasionally?
5) How are your going to number each issue e.g. VOL. 1 Issue 1 (Vol. 1 indicates
that it is the first year of publication, next year will start with Vol.2 Issue 1..2..3.. etc.)
6) Will your newsletter be distributed via email or as a webzine at your site? How
will people sign-up? Will there be a form at your web site?
7) Will you provide a sample issue they can receive by autoresponder or archives
for people to view before signing up?
8) What guidelines will you have for people who want to share your newsletter with
others? How, or will, you accept article submissions to your newsletter?