More than 100 Secrets of How to Sell Anything to Anyone
How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone
FACT: Your brain is being controlled-and you don't even know it. Because if you
think the ads you're seeing today are just pretty pictures with nice, creative copy,
you're mistaken. Truth is, you are being powerfully influenced by dozens of proven
scientific principles of advertising psychology... little-known techniques of
consumer persuasion that go completely unnoticed by the buying public. And they're
causing you-and millions like you-to spend enormous amounts of money every day on
countless products and services. But what are these principles? How do they work?
And how can you use them in your own advertising?
"CASHVERTISING is a virtual blueprint for persuading the consumer mind. It's fast,
fun, and a must-read for businesses in all industries." - Roger Dawson, author of
Secrets of Power Negotiating
Loren Woirhaye of Amherst, MA, says, "Cashvertising is packed with insights about
what makes effective advertising. While much of the second half of the book applies
to space advertising more than to salesletters it's still really good stuff - some
of it I haven't seen elsewhere."
The best part of the book is the 2nd chapter: "The 17 Foundational Principles of
Consumer Psychology" - where Whitman lets rip with witty, incisive writing. While
much of this stuff has been written about by other marketing writers the author
here has a fun style and he's great at getting you to think about the implications
of the ideas - and he also has good examples of how to apply them to your
All in all a book I'll be reading several times I think. It's only about 200 pages
but there's a lot of informative data here broken-out in a way that makes practical
Get this book. Great resource for advertising pros or anyone who is in business and
needs to advertise, or for that matter, sell in person."
• What People Really Want
• Nine Learned Human Wants
• How to Get Inside Their Heads
• Foundational Principles of Consumer Psychology
• The Fear Factor - Selling the Scare
• Ego Morphing - Instant Identification
• Transfer - Credibility by Osmosis
• The Bandwagon Effect - Give Them Something to Jump On
• The Means-End Chain - The Critical Core
• The Transtheoretical Model - Persuation Step by Step
• The Inoculation Theory - Make Them Prefer You for Life
• Belief Re-ranking - Change Their Reality
• The Elaboration Likelihood Model - Adjust Their Attitude
• The Six Weapons of Influence - Shortcuts to Persuationn
• Message Organization - Attaining Critical Clarity
• Examples vs. Statistics - And the Winner Is...
• Message Sideness - - Dual-Role Persuasion
• Repetition and Redundancy - The Familiarity Factor
• Rhetorical Questions - Interesting, Art They?
• Evidence - Quick! Sell Me the Facts!