This video shows you step-by-step how to replace the memory in a Dell laptop.
Warning: Avoid static discharge by grounding yourself using a wrist strap or by touching a bare
metal surface like a connector on the back of the laptop and remove all of the power including the
battery and power adapter.
Make sure all data is backed up before removing or replacing your hard drive. Laptop hard drives
are very sensitive and can be damaged easily. Handle with care. Performong your own repairs may
void your warranty.
You'll need a flat-head and a philips screwdriver. Before you start, always remove the AC adapter and battery.
1. On the bottom of the laptop, remove the 3 retaining screws on the access door
and lift the door away from the laptop base.
2. With your fingers separate the clips on each side of the memory stick until the memory lifts up.
3. Gently pull the memory stick away from the memory slot.
4. Place the new memory stick into the memory slot so that the cut out matches.
Do this at a 45 degree angle and push down firmly until it clicks.
5. Replace the bottom access door cover and screw down the 3 screws.
6. Replace the battery.
Parts-People Specializes in repairing Dell laptops.
They do not offer parts or service for any other manufacturer. Although they are not affiliated with the
Dell Computer Corporation, they have been specializing in Dell Laptop parts and Dell laptop repair services
for ten years. Parts-People also offers Dell laptop
repair at our 14,000 square foot facility in Austin, Texas. They keep a large inventory of Dell laptop parts
and refurbished Dell laptops so they can replace your Dell computer if it cannot be repaired.