Create Recovery Discs for Windows Vista with HP Recovery Manager
After booting up your computer, with factory installed Vista for the first time,
be sure to create a set of recovery discs of the full factory image. The recovery
discs are used to start up (boot) the computer and recover the operating system
and software to factory settings in case of system instability or failure. While
the steps listed here are for a Compaq PC with Windows Vista, different manufacturers
have slightly different instructions and these will give you a general overview of the process.
1. Click Start | All Programs | Recovery Manager.
2. Select Recovery Manager. This will open Recovery Manager.
3. Click Advanced Options. If you are using a laptop and operating on battery power
alone you must connect to an AC power outlet before you can go to the next step.
4. Select Recovery disc creation. Click Next. The Recovery Manager will begin creating
the necessary files. This may take a while, so be patient until the bar has reached 100%.
5. Read the table of requirements that appears. Depending on the type of discs you use,
more or less may be needed; if you use ordinary CDs, Recovery Manager will require more
compared to fewer discs if DVDs are used.