Troubleshooting and Maintaining Your PC All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
Most troubleshooting books concentrate on upgrading - and usually hardware at
that. This book concentrates on solving problems - whether they're software,
hardware, or operating system problems. In addition, Dan offers tools and advice
on maintaining your system to maximize its life. Seven minibooks cover:
• Useful Tools
Reader Arron W. Muir says, "I am an above average computer user and this book
was still very helpful. The layout is very well done, you just go to the chapter
that fits your need without having to read through allot of other stuff to find
what you need. I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to save a buck
rather than pay a Geek!
This book reflects the handholding, clear explanations, and light humor that
are hallmarks of the For Dummies style.
Maintaining a PC is important, and troubleshooting a PC can be a challenge. Dan
Gookin is great at explaining how to handle common PC problems, and heís provided
a complete, plain-English manual in Troubleshooting & Maintaining Your PC All-in-One
For Dummies. Liberally laced with Danís famous humor and clear instructions,
Troubleshooting and Maintaining Your PC All-in-One For Dummies is divided into six
minibooks covering hardware, software, laptops, Internet, networking, and maintenance.
Each one gives you some background on what causes common problems, to help you
understand whatís wrong as well as how to fix it. Youíll learn to:
• Troubleshoot both Windows XP and Vista
• Solve e-mail and Web woes, makes friends with ActiveX, and protect
your system from evil software and viruses
• Resolve router problems, reset the modem, delve into IP addresses,
and find the elusive wireless network
• Investigate startup issues, battery quirks, and power problems
• Travel safely and efficiently with your laptop
• Perform regular maintenance and keep good backups
• Solve problems with disks and printers
• Find missing files, successfully restore files if something major
goes wrong, and pep up your PC
The bonus DVD walks you through some of the complex steps discussed in the book
and demonstrates tasks like removing a hard drive. Thereís a great collection of
free and demo software, too. Troubleshooting and Maintaining Your PC All-in-One For
Dummies is tech support in a book!
Reader Michael G. March of San Francisco, CA says, "This is an excellent book.
It went beyond my expectations and I would recommend this to everyone. It's easy
to read, written well and very informative. It's a must read."
Click here for more information.
More Windows Troubleshooting Articles:
• How to Fix Overheating Computer
• Run Old Programs in Windows Vista
• Fix Windows 7 Repeatedly Tries to Update
• Fix CD Writer Buffer Underrun Errors
• How to Repair Low Memory Errors
• NTOSKRNL Missing or Corrupt Error Message
• Fix Windows 7 Boot Errors
• The Windows Recovery Console
• A lot of Beepen and Tooten But No Booten?
• Why Don't I Get Sound From My PC?