Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
By Stephen Bucaro
They say we now have a paperless society. I don't think so. If you still need to print
documents or graphics on paper, you probably have occasional problems with your printer.
Sometimes the printer chokes on a print job or it jams in the middle of printing a
multi-page document. In that case you need to delete the print job from the print queue.
You could navigate to the print queue the usual way, open Control Panel, select the
Devices and Printers group, right-click on the active printer and, in the popup menu
that appears, select See what's printing. But if you have frequent problems with
printing, that might get tedious. What you need is a desktop shortcut to the print queue.
To create a desktop shortcut to the print queue, navigate to the Control Panel Devices
and Printers group and right-click on the active printer, but this time, in the popup menu
that appears, select Create shortcut. You'll receive a warning message box:
"Windows can't create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the
desktop instead". Click on the [Yes] button.
Now, when you click on the shortcut, you'll go directly to the printer's print queue
where you can click on the document to select it and, in the popup menu that appears
select Pause, Restart, or Cancel.
More Windows Tips:
• Change the Windows 7 Desktop Background
• Backup Your Windows XP Activation Files
• Windows Mouse Dead? - How to Get Around Windows Without the Rodent
• How-to Capture the Computer?s Screen
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server
• How to Change Your Computer's Name
• OpenOffice a Software Solution to Enhance your Office Productivity at No Cost
• Configure the Start Menu
• Show Desktop Icon Gives Quick Access to Desktop Icons