How to Add or Remove Items from Send to Menu
By Stephen Bucaro
With the Windows Operating System there are several ways to open a file in an
application, for example drag-and-drop. But drag-and-drop requires the destination
application icon to be visible on the desktop. Another method is the Send to menu.
When you right-click on a file's name or icon, in the popup menu that appears, you can select
Send to. You can select to send that file to any target listed in the Send to menu.
But what if your desired destination is not in the Send to menu? Also having to
search through a large menu of items that you never use slows down productivity.
The Send to menu is actually a refection of shortcuts in a folder on your hard disk.
Unfortunately that folder is buried deep at the location shown below.
C being the disk containing youe operating system.
To add items to the Send to menu, place a shortcut to that application, or folder,
in the SendTo folder. To remove an item from the Send to menu, delete
its shortcut from the SendTo folder.
More Windows Tips:
• Change Internet Explorer's Default Search Engine
• Change Vista's Start Menu Shutdown Option
• How to Free Some Hard Drive Space
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Windows 7 - Five Ways to Move or Copy Files or Folders
• Block Popups in Chrome Browser
• Single-click to Open Applications and Files
• Remove Windows Components You Don't Need
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?