How to Add or Remove Items from Send to Menu
By Stephen Bucaro
With the Windows Operating System there are several ways to open a file in an
application, for example drag-and-drop. But drag-and-drop requires the destination
application icon to be visible on the desktop. Another method is the Send to menu.
When you right-click on a file's name or icon, in the popup menu that appears, you can select
Send to. You can select to send that file to any target listed in the Send to menu.
But what if your desired destination is not in the Send to menu? Also having to
search through a large menu of items that you never use slows down productivity.
The Send to menu is actually a refection of shortcuts in a folder on your hard disk.
Unfortunately that folder is buried deep at the location shown below.
C being the disk containing youe operating system.
To add items to the Send to menu, place a shortcut to that application, or folder,
in the SendTo folder. To remove an item from the Send to menu, delete
its shortcut from the SendTo folder.
More Windows Tips:
• Swap Mouse Buttons
• Add a Folder to the Windows 7 Taskbar
• Disable "Hard Disk Turn Off" to Speed Up Windows XP
• Make Your USB Drive Work Faster
• Add the Undo Button to File Ecplorer in Windows 10
• Where Did Firefox Put My Download?
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• Change Your PC's Name
• View Your Windows Update Log
• Google Apps vs Office 365