How to Add or Remove Items from Send to Menu
By Stephen Bucaro
With the Windows Operating System there are several ways to open a file in an
application, for example drag-and-drop. But drag-and-drop requires the destination
application icon to be visible on the desktop. Another method is the Send to menu.
When you right-click on a file's name or icon, in the popup menu that appears, you can select
Send to. You can select to send that file to any target listed in the Send to menu.
But what if your desired destination is not in the Send to menu? Also having to
search through a large menu of items that you never use slows down productivity.
The Send to menu is actually a refection of shortcuts in a folder on your hard disk.
Unfortunately that folder is buried deep at the location shown below.
C being the disk containing youe operating system.
To add items to the Send to menu, place a shortcut to that application, or folder,
in the SendTo folder. To remove an item from the Send to menu, delete
its shortcut from the SendTo folder.
More Windows Tips:
• Put a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Your Desktop
• Change Your PC's Name
• Configuring Sound for Windows Events
• Video - How to Download Videos from YouTube
• Uninstall Windows Live Messenger From Windows 7
• Disable Taskbar Button Grouping
• Windows 10 File Explorer Ribbon
• How to Fully Customize your Desktop
• Free Goodies for Your PCs
• Restore a File's Previous Version