Read Any ePUB eBook Inside Firefox With EPUBReader Plugin
By Stephen Bucaro
ePUB (short for electronic publication) is an open eBook standard by the International
Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). eBook files in ePUB format have the .epub extension.
Electronic publications are rapidly being converted from formats such as PDF to the
EPUBReader is a Firefox Plugin which lets you read ePub-files in the browser. You don't
need to install additional software! In Firefox, browse to
click on the [Add to Firefox] button.
At Google Books you can download
over 1 million public domain eBooks in the EPUB format for free. To download a free
eBook, just type the title of a public domain book in the search box, or click on
the Browse books and magazines link near the search box. Then on the eBook's
information page, move your mouse pointer over the red [EBOOK - FREE] button and,
in the popup menu that appears, click on EPUB. You'll need to enter a captcha to
download the eBook.
At Project Gutenberg you can
download over 39,000 free ePUB books. In the left-side menu, type the name of a public
domain book in the search box, or click on the Browse Catalog link near the
search box. When click on the title of a book you want, you'll be taken to a page
where you can click the ePUB format to download.
There are hundreds of other websites where you can purchase or download free eBooks
in the ePUB format and read them in your Firefox browser with the EPUBReader plugin.
Laid Off? Now What Do You Do?
More Windows Tips:
• Change Vista's Start Menu Shutdown Option
• How to Repair a Damaged Excel File
• Create Your Own Custom Screen Saver with Windows Built-in Slideshow
• Windows Mouse Dead? - How to Get Around Windows Without the Rodent
• Delete Does Not Erase a File
• Increase Windows 7 Notifiction Display Time
• VLC Free Open-Source Media Player
• Turn Off Windows 7 Taskbar Preview Thumbnails
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Disable Windows 7 Start Menu Display of Most Recently Opened Files