Turn Off Windows 7 Taskbar Preview Thumbnails
By Stephen Bucaro
Taskbar Preview Thumbnails are those annoying huge windows that popup over your
document when your mouse pointer drifts over the taskbar while you're trying to work.
If they annoy you as much as they annoy me, here's how to get rid of them.
1. In Control Panel, click on the System and Security group.
2. On the System and Security page, click on the System group.
3. On the System page, in the left pane, click on the Advanced System Settings link.
4. In the System Properties dialog box that appears, on the Advanced
tab, in the Performance section, click on the [Settings...] button.
5. In the Performance Options dialog box that appears, set the () Custom:
radio button, then uncheck the  Enable desktop composition checkbox.
6. Click on the [Apply] button. Click on the [OK] button.
Now the annoying huge popup windows are gone, only a popup list remains. If you
want to make the Taskbar icons for an application appear separately instead of
in a pile, Go to Control Panel's Appearance and Personalization group and
click on the Taskbar and Start Menu link. In the Taskbar and Start Menu
properties dialog box that appears, in the Taskbar buttons: drop-down-list,
select Never combine.
More Windows Tips:
• Change Your PC's Name
• How to Hide Files in Windows 7
• Use Windows Key Shortcuts
• Disable Media Player Network sharing
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• Desktop Shortcuts Give Quick Access to Applications and Folders
• Change Explorer's Thumbnail Size
• Change Vista's Start Menu Shutdown Option
• Windows 10 File Explorer Ribbon
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?