Disable Windows 7 Automatic Resizing and Docking
By Stephen Bucaro
As if Windows didn't have enough annoyances, e.g. tooltips popping up displaying obvious
information, pages wiping up and down when you try to select text, pages flying back when the
mouse pointer drifts off the scroll bar, etc. etc., Microsoft deliberately adds more annoyances
and markets them as advancements.
Supposedly Microsoft asked people what features they would like to see in Windows, and
some twitter head said they would like to see windows being automatically re-sized, re-arranged
and docked when moved to the edge of the screen. Next time how about asking someone who
actually uses Windows for more than just facebook and twitter.
If I want a window re-sized, re-arranged, or docked, I think I can handle it without breaking
my mouse clicking finger. Actually, if you want to re-size re-arrange and dock two or three
windows on the desktop, all you have to do is right-click on the taskbar and in the menu that
appears, select Show windows side-by-side, or Show windows stacked or
Cascade windows. This new feature is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.
If you're like me and want to prevent windows from doing what some twitter head thinks it
should do instead of what you want it to do, here's how to disable automatic re-sizing,
re-arranging, and docking.
1. In Control Panel, click on the Ease of Access link.
2. Then in the right panel click on Ease of Access Center.
3. On the Make your computer easier to use page, scroll down to
and click on Make the mouse easier to use.
4. On the Make the mouse easier to use page, under Make it easier to manage windows
set the  Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of
the screen checkbox.
5. Click on the [Apply] button. Click on the [OK] button.
Now windows will do what YOU want them to do instead of what some twitter head thinks they should do.
More Windows Tips:
• How to change a Folder's Icon
• How To Build A Mortgage Calculator For Free in Microsoft Excel
• Uninstall Windows Live Messenger From Windows 7
• Windows Mouse Dead? - How to Get Around Windows Without the Rodent
• Disable Windows 7 Wireless Configuration Manager Service (WLAN AutoConfig)
• Diable Windows CD/DVD AutoPlay
• How to Free Some Hard Drive Space
• OpenOffice a Software Solution to Enhance your Office Productivity at No Cost
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server
• Capture the Computer's Screen With the Print Screen Key