Display Control Panel Utilities in Windows 7 Start Menu
By Stephen Bucaro
A quicker way to access Control Panel utilities is to configure the Start menu so that the individual
Control Panel utilities appear in a sub-menu to the Start menu Control Panel menu item.
1. In Control Panel click on Appearance and Personalization and on the Appearance and
Personalization page select Taskbar and Start Menu.
2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box that appears, click on the
Start Menu tab.
3. On the Start Menu tab click on the [Customize...] button.
4. In the Customize Start Menu dialog box that appears, under Control Panel,
set the o Display as a menu radio button.
5. Click on the [OK] button to close the Customize Start Menu dialog box. Click on the
[OK] button to close the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
Now you can access individual Control Panel utilities as a sub-menu to theStart menu Control
Panel menu item.
More Windows Tips:
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• How to Write Protect a File
• How to Connect Two Computers
• VLC Free Open-Source Media Player
• Put a Help and Support Center Shortcut on Your Desktop
• Windows 7 - Five Ways to Move or Copy Files or Folders
• Capture the Computer's Screen With the Print Screen Key
• How to Determine if You have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• OpenOffice a Software Solution to Enhance your Office Productivity at No Cost