Display Control Panel Utilities in Windows 7 Start Menu
By Stephen Bucaro
A quicker way to access Control Panel utilities is to configure the Start menu so that the individual
Control Panel utilities appear in a sub-menu to the Start menu Control Panel menu item.
1. In Control Panel click on Appearance and Personalization and on the Appearance and
Personalization page select Taskbar and Start Menu.
2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box that appears, click on the
Start Menu tab.
3. On the Start Menu tab click on the [Customize...] button.
4. In the Customize Start Menu dialog box that appears, under Control Panel,
set the o Display as a menu radio button.
5. Click on the [OK] button to close the Customize Start Menu dialog box. Click on the
[OK] button to close the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
Now you can access individual Control Panel utilities as a sub-menu to theStart menu Control
Panel menu item.
More Windows Tips:
• Change Your PC's Name
• Diable Windows CD/DVD AutoPlay
• How to Add and Remove Desktop Gadgets
• Create Your Own Custom Taskbar Toolbar
• Video - How to Download Videos from YouTube
• Put a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Your Desktop
• Customize the Quick Launch Toolbar
• How To Build A Mortgage Calculator For Free in Microsoft Excel
• How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
• Most Useful Keyboard Shortcuts