Display Control Panel Utilities in Windows 7 Start Menu
By Stephen Bucaro
A quicker way to access Control Panel utilities is to configure the Start menu so that the individual
Control Panel utilities appear in a sub-menu to the Start menu Control Panel menu item.
1. In Control Panel click on Appearance and Personalization and on the Appearance and
Personalization page select Taskbar and Start Menu.
2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box that appears, click on the
Start Menu tab.
3. On the Start Menu tab click on the [Customize...] button.
4. In the Customize Start Menu dialog box that appears, under Control Panel,
set the o Display as a menu radio button.
5. Click on the [OK] button to close the Customize Start Menu dialog box. Click on the
[OK] button to close the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
Now you can access individual Control Panel utilities as a sub-menu to theStart menu Control
Panel menu item.
More Windows Tips:
• Windows Desktop Themes
• Change Your PC's Name
• Disable Media Player Network sharing
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• How to Disable Windows Explorer's Annoying Tooltips Popups
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?
• How to Fix a Scratched CD
• Turn Off Windows 7 Taskbar Preview Thumbnails
• Windows 7 - Rename a Group of Files Simultaneously
• Configure Recycle Bin to Immediately Delete Files