Where Did Firefox Put My Download?
By Stephen Bucaro
When you download with Internet Explorer, it pops up a "Save" dialog box to
ask you where you want to save the downloaded file. But when you download
with Firefox, it simply displays the message "Download complete". Wonderful,
but where did it put the downloaded file?
By default Firefox places downloaded files in the user's Downloads folder.
I actually prefer downloads to be placed on my desktop because obviously I'm
going to do something with it immediately. Here's how to train Firefox to
ask you where you want to save the downloaded file.
In Firefox's main menu, select Tools | Options, then in the Options
dialog box that appears, on the General tab, in the Downloads section,
set the o Always ask me where to save files radio button. Then click
on the [OK] button.
Now, when you download something with Firefox, it will display the save to...
dialog box asking you where you want to save the downloaded file.
More Windows Tips:
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Disable Cutesy Effects to Speed Up Windows XP
• Vista - Display Multiple Clocks on Your Desktop
• Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
• How-to Capture the Computer?s Screen
• Windows Desktop Themes
• Make the Insertion Point Cursor More Visible
• Introducing Screensavers
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• Vista - Restore Deleted Recycle Bin