Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• How to Create a Microsoft Excel Database
• How to Write Protect a File
• Vista - Display Multiple Clocks on Your Desktop
• Put a Shut Down Button on Your Desktop
• Create Your Own Custom Screen Saver with Windows Built-in Slideshow
• Configure Folder Options
• Where Did Firefox Put My Download?
• Why My Office Files Do Not Open
• Show Desktop Icon Gives Quick Access to Desktop Icons
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?