Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• How to Free Some Hard Drive Space
• How to Add or Remove Items from Send to Menu
• Vista - Display Multiple Clocks on Your Desktop
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• How To Build A Mortgage Calculator For Free in Microsoft Excel
• How to Fix a Scratched CD
• Show Desktop Icon Gives Quick Access to Desktop Icons
• How to Determine if You have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7
• Increase Windows 7 Notifiction Display Time
• Change Your PC's Name