Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Make Your USB Drive Work Faster
• Vista - Restore Deleted Recycle Bin
• Change Vista's Start Menu Shutdown Option
• Disable Cutesy Effects to Speed Up Windows XP
• Where Did Firefox Put My Download?
• Customize the Quick Launch Toolbar
• How to Fully Customize your Desktop
• Put a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Your Desktop
• Cover Your Tracks in Internet Explorer
• How to Deal With a Windows Firewall Alert