Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Configure Windows Taskbar
• Change the Windows 7 Desktop Background
• Add More Information to a Files List
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Put a Help and Support Center Shortcut on Your Desktop
• Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
• How to Change Your Computer's Name
• Single-click to Open Applications and Files
• How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
• Display Multiple Clocks in Windows 7 Taskbar