Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Configure Recycle Bin to Immediately Delete Files
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• VLC Free Open-Source Media Player
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?
• Disable Windows 7 Start Menu Display of Most Recently Opened Files
• Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
• Remove My Recent Documents from the Start Menu
• Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
• Move an Off Screen Window Back into View