Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Free Goodies for Your PCs
• Configure Windows 7 File Contents Searching
• Add More Information to a Files List
• Make PDF eBooks Read Themselves Outloud
• Change the Mouse Pointer
• How to Remove Metadata From Files in Windows 7
• Configuring the Windows 7 Taskbar Notification Area
• Put a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Your Desktop
• How to Set up an Ftp Server on Windows Xp Professional
• How to Fix a Scratched CD