Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Windows Desktop Themes
• Windows 10 Shortcut to Turn Laptop Camera On or Off
• OpenOffice a Software Solution to Enhance your Office Productivity at No Cost
• Configure Recycle Bin to Immediately Delete Files
• Speed Up Windows 10 by Disabling Trivial Visual Effects
• How to Write Protect a File
• Headphones: earbuds, on-ear, over-ear. What's the Difference?
• Move a Window With Keyboard Arrow Keys
• Windows 7 - Rename a Group of Files Simultaneously
• Display Control Panel Utilities in Windows 7 Start Menu