Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Change Vista's Start Menu Shutdown Option
• Single-click to Open Applications and Files
• Move an Off Screen Window Back into View
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• Windows 7 - Rename a Group of Files Simultaneously
• Put a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Your Desktop
• Windows Desktop Themes
• VLC Free Open-Source Media Player
• Synchronize Your Computer's Clock With an Internet Time Server
• Swap Mouse Buttons