Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
• Disable "Hard Disk Turn Off" to Speed Up Windows XP
• Disable Media Player Network sharing
• How to Repair a Damaged Excel File
• Disable Windows 7 Start Menu Display of Most Recently Opened Files
• Change the Mouse Pointer
• Uninstall Windows Live Messenger From Windows 7
• Configure Recycle Bin to Immediately Delete Files
• Desktop Shortcuts Give Quick Access to Applications and Folders
• Steps to Fix a Wet Laptop