Keep Laptop Running when You Close Display in Windows 7
The primary advantage of a laptop PC is portability, but it's a bit cumbersome if
you try to carry one with the display open. Wouldn't it be nice if the laptop PC
wouldn't shut off when you close the display? This is actually an easy feature
1. In Control Panel open the Hardware and Sound group.
2. In the Hardware and Sound group, under Power Options, click on
the Change what the power buttons do link.
3. Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, in the
When I close the lid: drop-down list, select Do nothing.
4. Then click on the [Save Changes] button and close the Define power buttons
and turn on password protection dialog box.
Now you can close the display and carry the laptop without it shutting off.
More Windows Tips:
• Remove My Recent Documents from the Start Menu
• Diable Windows CD/DVD AutoPlay
• Add the Undo Button to File Ecplorer in Windows 10
• Disable Windows 7 Wireless Configuration Manager Service (WLAN AutoConfig)
• Configure Windows 7 File Contents Searching
• Change Internet Explorer's Default Search Engine
• Three Ways to Force a Program to Close
• Cover Your Tracks in Internet Explorer
• Windows 7 - Five Ways to Move or Copy Files or Folders
• Add a Folder to the Windows 7 Taskbar