CompTIA Network+ Video Mentor
Get all the hands-on training you need to pass CompTIA’s latest Network+ exam,
get certified, and move forward in your IT career! In this easy-to-use DVD,
top Fortune 100 network consultant David L. Prowse walks you through every
skill and concept you’ll need to master to pass the new CompTIA Network+ Exam
(N10-004/JK0-016). This DVD contains more than seven hours of expert-led
videos designed to build and test your knowledge of networking technologies,
media, topologies, devices, management, tools, security, and a whole lot more!
Network+ certified Tom Hickman says, "This Video Mentor is a smart idea.
Cost me $60. Includes 7 hours of step-by step instruction. Very pleased with
the product. I took a 40 hour Net+ class that costed me $1200, and wasn't too
happy with it. The instructor really only explained things maybe half of the
time, but didn't show things on the actual computers and other equipment. The
instructor in the video mentor is far superior to the instructor I had, I wish
I could take HIS class!
I also used the
Network+ Exam Cram book, and by studying both I passed the Network+ N10-004
exam easily. The exam isn't really that hard. You just need to go slow, and
think through the questions. Plus, there are a lot of common sense safety and
customer service oriented questions. I would recommend using this video mentor
along with a book like the exam cram or something like it. You can't go wrong!"
Thorough coverage of all Network+ exam objectives:
• Configuring IP addresses: subnets, gateways, DNS servers, NAT, CIDR, and more
• Utilizing today’s core network protocols, including IPv6
• Configuring DHCP servers and connecting from Windows clients
• Working with Cat 5e cable, NICs, multifunction devices, and other network hardware
• Setting up wireless access points, channels, frequencies, SSID, and encryption
• Identifying network topologies, connectors, and devices
• Managing networks and monitoring their performance
• Using Windows and Linux command-line network utilities
• Setting up secure firewalls and VPNs, authenticating users, and utilizing leading security protocols
• And much more ...
Detailed lessons: Each module begins with a succinct outline of
Network+ exam items covered that will be demonstrated in both the lecture and
lab portions of the videos.
Lab examples: Walkthrough labs with the presenter to learn important
setups and configurations.
CLI Commands and GUI Operations: Graphical interface and
command-line operations guide you through the task at hand.
The fast, powerful way to prepare for your CompTIA Network+ exam!
Click here for more information.
More Networking Basics:
• Overview of Cloud Computing
• Cloud Delivery Models
• Fiber Broadband Internet Service
• Cellular WAN (Wide Area Network) or Mobile Broadband
• Introduction To IP Addressing and Networking
• Bluetooth Basics - Bluetooth Technology Tutorial
• What Routers Do
• The Network Technician Career Field
• What is a Network Sniffer Used For?
• Computer Networking Basics