Windows 7 Startup Repair Tool
By Stephen Bucaro
One of the most difficult things to troubleshoot and repair is a PC that fails to start. Since the
operating system won't run, you can't use any of its troubleshooting tools. Windows 7 is
designed to automatically run Startup Repair if Windows detects a startup problem. Startup
Repair automatically scans your computer then tries to fix the problem.
If your PC fails to start and Startup Repair doesn't automatically start, you need to restart
(boot) your computer from your Windows 7 installation disc. Today, many PC manufacturers
try to save a few pennies by not providing an installation disc with the system. You're supposed
to create a system repair disc as a first step before the system.
When you boot from the installation disc or system repair disc, Startup Repair will be one of
the options in the System Recovery Options menu. To boot from the installation disc or system
1. Remove any flash drives, CDs, and DVDs from your PC. Restart your PC using the power button.
2. As your computer restarts, before the Windows logo appears, press the [F8] key. If the PC
doesn't boot to the Advanced Boot Options screen, you need to shut down your PC and try again.
System Recovery Options
System Image Recovery
Windows Memory Diagnostic
3. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair.
If Startup Repair fails to fix your system, you may have no alternative but to reinstall Windows,
or use System Image Recovery. You can use a System Image Recovery to restore the contents
of your hard disk. A System Image is an exact copy of the PC's hard disc including Windows 7
and your system settings, programs, and files.
Immediately after you finish installing Windows 7, installed all your applications, and configured
your PC to your liking, one of the first things you should do is create a system image. It's better
to restore a system image than to reinstall Windows because a system image will restore all your
applications, and settings.
More Windows Troubleshooting Articles:
• How to Fix iisutil.dll Error
• How To Troubleshoot Video Display Problems
• Video - Dell Laptop Memory Replacement Tutorial
• How to Fix RpcRtRemote.dll Errors
• Video - Using the Problem Steps Recorder Tool
• How to Find Windows 7 Product Key
• How to Fix Rundll32.exe Errors
• How To Repair Hard Drive Problems
• How to Troubleshoot Your Computer's Mouse
• Computer Repair with Diagnostic Flowcharts