Free Tool to Recover Files From Damaged Disc
By Stephen Bucaro
Nowadays CD and DVD discs are a very popular media for storing files, images,
music and video. The problem is a small scratch from careless handling can
result in a failure to read the information recorded on the disc.
CD Recovery Toolbox is a free tool developed by OEMailRecovery.com for recovering
files from a damaged CD, DVD,HD DVD, or Blu-Ray Disc. The damage may be mechanical
like scratches, chips, different spots on the surface, or it may have been caused
a result of incorrect recording.
The CD Recovery Toolbox works in Windows 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, and Vista.
It not only has a complete set of data recovery features, but is also user-friendly
and convenient. The program interface is designed as a step-by step wizard, where
the user has to perform a single action on each page of the wizard. The wizard
makes the use of the tool very simple and convenient even for a beginner.
CD Recovery Toolbox scans any CD and DVD disc and finds files and folders located
there. It can recover files larger than 4 Gb. It checks for sufficient free space
on the hard disk for storing the recovered files.
Depending on the degree of the damage, there can be some information on the disc that
cannot be recovered. CD Recovery Toolbox shows a list of all files and folders
available for recovery. The user then selects the files and folders to be recovered.
Therefore, it finds the maximum possible amount of information that can be recovered.
To download this free tool go to
and scroll down to the [Download] button.
More Windows Troubleshooting Articles:
• The Windows Recovery Console
• How To Troubleshoot Your Computer Hardware
• How To Fix The Windows 1301 Error
• Buffer Underrun and Overrun Scenarios
• A Required DLL Was Not Found
• Create Recovery Discs for Windows Vista with HP Recovery Manager
• Troubleshooting Computer Freeze (Lockup) Problems
• Don't Have Permission to Write to Drive
• Troubleshoot Windows with Event Viewer
• How to Troubleshoot and Fix No Sound