20 Easy Ways To Get People To Link To Your Web Site
First off all let's define what is a link exchange? A link exchange Internet
marketing campaign is the process of exchanging hyperlinks with a quality site
that is somehow related to a company's product or service.
It is easy to get link exchange partners when you have a website that is getting
alot of traffic and has a high page rank with Google. What proves to be a little
harder is getting a quality link partner to link with your site when you have
little or no page rank and little or no traffic.
I have found that giving incentives will help get the link exchanges flowing and
as your page rank increases so will links with websites that have a higher page rank.
Here are 20 things you can do to get people to link to your website.
1. When you visit a web site you've enjoyed a lot, write a review for the site.
Write about the benefits you gain from the web site. Tell them they can publish it
on their web site if they link to your web site.
2. Market your web site as a free web book. Design your web site with a title page,
table of contents, chapters, etc. Just allow other people to give away the web book
by linking to your web site.
3. Offer other web sites free content to post on their web site. Include your link
on all of your content. The content should related to your web site because it
will be in front of your target audience.
4. Allow other people to publish your e-zine on their web site. Include your web
site's ad and link in each issue you publish. This may also help you increase the
number of people that subscribe to your e-zine.
5. Give your visitors an instant article directory. Tell your visitors they can
instantly add a free article directory to their web site by linking to yours.
Just place your ad or banner ad on top of the article directory for your main web site.
6. Start a members only web site. Tell visitors what's in your members only
site and what it costs to gain access. Offer them a free membership if, in
exchange, they link to your web site.
7. Trade other forms of advertising to people that link to your web site. You
could trade e-zine ads, print ads, autoresponder ads, classified ads, ebook ads, etc.
8. Allow other web sites to use your discussion board for their web site visitors.
Just have them link directly to the discussion board. Include your web sites ad
or banner ad at the top of the discussion board.
9. When you purchase a product and it exceeds your expectations e-mail the
business a testimonial. Make sure your statement is detailed. Give them permission
to publish it on their web site if they link to your site.
10. Offer your visitors a free sign up to your affiliate program. Pay them commission
to sell your products or services. Just give them an affiliate link to track their
sales. People will link to your web site to make extra money.
11. Give away web space to people for free. Since you are giving it away for free,
request they link to your site by placing your ad or banner to the site.
12. Create your own award site for other web sites. Give the winners a graphic or
text link to place on their web site when they win. This will link your web site to
theirs and draw more traffic to your web site.
13. Create a directory of web sites on a specific topic. Give people the option of
adding the directory to their web site by linking to it. Put your business ad at
the top of the directory's home page.