Free eBook: Introduction to 802.11 Wireless
The growth of wireless mobile devices is incredible. If you're an IT professional you'll
need to understand wireless technology. This free ebook by Aaron Balchunas explains
everything from radio frequency to wireless authentication protocols.
• 802.11 Overview
• Radio Frequency Overview
• RF Signal Strength
• RF Interference and Obstruction
• RF Fresnel Zones
• 802.11 Channels
• Preventing Channel Overlap
• 802.11 and Collisions
• The 802.11 Amendments
• Associating with a Wireless Access Point (WAP)
• Wireless Equivalence Protocol (WEP)
• Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)
• 802.1X and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
• Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP)
• EAP with Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST)
• EAP with Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS)
• Protected EAP (PEAP)
Click here to download free Introduction to 802.11 Wireless eBook now.
This Free eBook is in .ePub format. If you don't have a tablet (like the Nook) capable
of reading .ePub format, You can get the
Firefox EPUBReader Extension
which let you read .ePub documents in the Firefox browser.
This material is provided free of charge by bucarotechelp.com with permission of it's author.
For seven years Aaron Balchunas was a Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCSP instructor for Baker College
in Michigan. He is co-owner of Simpli-Tech, Inc.,
a network consulting company. Additional material may be found at Aaron's website
More Networking Protocols and Standards:
• A Simple Description of the IPv6 Header and Datagram
• T-Carrier - A Complete and Comprehensive Guide
• What's the Difference Between a Packet and a Frame?
• Video Streaming Protocols
• IPv6 Address Types and Scopes
• The OSI Session Layer
• Video - Data Link Layer of OSI Networking Model
• Internet Protocol versions IPv4, IPv5 and IPv6
• The OSI Application Layer
• Remote Control Protocols