How to Setup a Netgear Wireless Router Without Installation Disc
Do you want to re-setup your Netgear wireless router but don't have the installation
CD that came with it initially? It is common that the installation CD is misplaced and is not
available at the time of need. So, what can be done? It's simple. You can manually setup your
wireless device without any trouble. See the instructions below:
Manual Setup Guide:
1. Power off your computer as well as the internet modem and disconnect their power cords
from the electricity outlet.
2. Find the Ethernet cable that connects your computer to the modem and unplug its end
from the computer.
3. Plug the taken out end into the Ethernet port at the back of your router.
4. Plug one end of the Ethernet wire (which came with the router) into the "LAN 1" port
at the back of your router. Now plug the second end into the Ethernet port at the back of your
computer. It is the same port from which you initially ran an Ethernet cable to the internet modem.
5. Connect the power cord back to the modem and power it on. Wait for 2 or 3 minutes
for the modem to turn on fully.
6. Connect the router's power cord to the outlet and power it on. Again, wait for 2-3
minutes for it to turn on fully and detect the modem.
7. Plug the power cord back to your computer and to an outlet and power it on. Make sure
that you have all the lights lit on your router. If any light is not lit and re-check the entire
connection following the abovementioned procedure.
8. Now that all the lights are lit on your router and modem, and the computer is fully
rebooted, open your web browser viz. Internet Explorer or Firefox etc.
9. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of
your browser and hit [Enter] on the keyboard.
10. This will bring up the router login window, key in the username and password that
came with the router documents. By default, admin is the username and password
is the password respectively. However, refer to your router docs. before entering anything. If you
changed your username and password in the previous setup then enter those otherwise the router
will not let you login.
11. Click on the [Login] button or [OK] or hit [Enter] on the keyboard
12. This will take you to the Netgear wireless router configuration window; make whatever
changes you want to on this screen. When finished exit the window.
[vtechsquad.com parked domain] is the leading
third-party service provider of certified online technical support services. Our Microsoft-certified
technicians not only resolve virus⁄spyware removal issues but also educate you how to
avoid your PC from future interaction with any type of worm, virus, or Trojan etc. Our top-class
services include Microsoft product support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues,
wireless router issues, printer issues, and non-computer devices etc.
More Network Troubleshooting and Support Articles:
• What is Structured Cabling for LANs (Local Area Networks)?
• Network Change Control System
• Local Network IP Addressing Strategies
• Five Network Design Considerations
• Fiber Optic Cable Tester - What Is It and How to Use?
• Network Design and Proof of Concept Testing
• How a Firewall Provides Network Security
• Network Address Translation (NAT) Protocol
• Structured Cabling - A Detailed Tutorial and Even More!
• What is DevOps?