A Microsoft MVP, also known as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), is an individual that has been selected to receive an annual award for outstanding contributions within communities that utilize Microsoft technologies. Microsoft MVPs are nominated by their peers, by Microsoft employees, as well as other MVPs for their achievements within the past 12 months.
Recipients of the Microsoft MVP award are distinguished members of the technical community and are recognized for sharing their expertise and knowledge with others, both online and offline. Here are some tips and suggestions on how to become a Microsoft MVP.
1. Know that the Microsoft MVP award strives to facilitate the unrestricted sharing of knowledge. The goal is to provide reputable resources that encompass expansive expertise that can benefit all members of the community.
2. Realize that individuals that are given the Microsoft MVP award do not work for Microsoft nor do they represent the company. Microsoft MVP's are independent individuals that were chosen based upon their accomplishments within technical communities.
3. Consider that a requirement to be nominated and selected as a Microsoft MVP is to be at least 18 years of age or older. The age requirement reflects Microsoft's guidelines relative to the privacy and safety of minors.
4. Know that the process of selecting Microsoft MVPs includes a review of accomplishments and achievements made by technical community members within the past year prior to nomination. Factors that are considered during the evaluation process include the quality and quantity of contributions in addition to the influencing effect within the technical community.
5. Realize that the scope of the Microsoft MVP program extends worldwide and includes millions of active, participating members within the technical community. Microsoft's customer base is expansive and encompasses a broad range of technologies.
6. Consider that Microsoft MVPs generally will have acquired extensive knowledge of a particular Microsoft product or technology. Those individuals that receive the Microsoft MVP award are not required to have extensive knowledge and expertise covering all Microsoft products and technologies.
7. Realize that Microsoft MVPs do receive benefits and services as a result of receiving an award. Recipients do not get any form of payment or monetary award when selected to become a Microsoft MVP.
8. Know that individuals selected to be a Microsoft MVP award maintain that title for 1 year only. Recipients must follow the MVP code of conduct and adhere to the Microsoft community rules during that period.
9. Know that Microsoft MVP nominees are selected from community members in more than 90 countries worldwide. Potential new MVPs are selected from a variety of venues, including, but not limited, to newsgroups, public forums, social media sites and event speakers.
10. Consider that you can apply directly yourself to be awarded the title of a Microsoft MVP. You can also be nominated by fellow peers within the technical community or by Microsoft.
11. Learn more about the application process for becoming a Microsoft MVP by visiting Microsoft's website. Direct links have been provided below at the end of this article.
o Include the nominee's name, email address, country of residence and primary language spoken when completing the nomination process. You will need to email this information directly to Microsoft, the email address of which is accessible via the links following this article.
o Mention several Microsoft products or technologies within which the nominee has acquired and developed extensive knowledge and expertise. Examples include Microsoft Office products and Windows Media Center.
12. Provide some examples of technical community activities that the nominee regularly participates in. Possible examples include podcasts, forums, newsgroups and blogs. A Microsoft MVP Award Program member will officially contact those applicants that have been selected to receive the Microsoft MVP award.
•Most Valuable Professional Site
Article source: wikiHow is a group effort to create a great resource: the world's largest free how to manual. wikiHow articles help people solve their everyday problems. wikiHow licenses all content under a Creative Commons License. The license allows wikiHow content to be used freely for noncommercial purposes. The Creative Commons License also allows for the creation of derivative works.
Learn more at amazon.com