Fix Windows 7 Boot Errors
Wondering why you encounter Windows 7 boot error? Is your computer booting slower
day by day and displays a lot of errors? Do you want to make your Windows 7 super
fast on start up? In this article we will discuss how you can fix Windows 7 boot error
and enhance the functionality of the entire boot process.
Users are not well aware of an important area of operating system that is registry.
Almost all major problems in operating system are because of corruption in the Windows
registry and boot error in Windows 7 is one of them.
Below are outlined few simple steps for Windows 7 boot fix.
• Sometimes there is problem in Master boot record. To fix it open your command
prompt and type "bootrec.exe"/fixmbr". If you are able to view "operation completed
successfully" on your screen then it means that you are successful.
• If you observe that operation is not successfully completed then maybe there is
problem in partition's boot sector and boot configuration data (BCD). Normally it
happens when you are trying to install another operating system on same computer
alongside Windows 7. In this situation you have to write a new boot sector.
Open your command prompt c:\> and type "bootrec.exe/fixboot".
• In some cases the above step does not help you fix your problem in Windows 7.
If this is the situation then you have to scan all drives for operating system compatibility.
Try this command:
• Still facing problem? Looks like you have to back the old BCD folder and create
new one. To do this please follow the commands.
bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
attrib bcd -s -h -r
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
Once you have finished with above operations and your Window 7 is back to normal then
you should download a reliable registry cleaning software on your computer. As most of
these internal problems are because there are some files missing or corrupted inside registry.
Installing a reliable registry cleaner would automatically fix this issue.
The above guidelines have been found helpful for the users who experienced Windows 7
boot error. Intel Software Partner Program RegInOut is a tested tool to fix internal registry keys,
defragment the registry data an clean system and browser junk. You can fix Windows boot
error with RegInOut. (bad link)
Webmaster's note: There are a whole bunch of registry cleaners out there that do nothing
except install malware on your system. Before installing any registry cleaner, or any other
software on your system, google reviews + name of product.
More Windows Troubleshooting Articles:
• First Stop When Troubleshooting Windows 7 - Control Panel
• Free DOS Boot Floppy Reads NTFS
• How to Fix Overheating Computer
• How to Fix msvcrt40.dll Error
• PC Troubleshooting - Symptoms of a Bad CPU
• Troubleshoot with Free Process Explorer Utility
• Video - Dell Laptop CPU Replacement Tutorial
• Slow Log-on to ISP
• How to Troubleshoot a Document Scanner
• Examining Computer Hardware Components