CompTIA Strata Study Guide
CompTIA is a non-profit information technology trade association. CompTIA's certifications are
designed by subject matter experts from across the IT industry. Each CompTIA certification is
vender-neutral, covers multiple technologies, and requires demonstration of skills and knowledge
widely sought after in the IT industry.
With the rapid advancement of computer and computer networking technology, achieving CompTIA
certifications like CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ has become more difficult.
Add to that the fact that many jobs in the IT or technology-related fields don't require the in-depth
knowledge required for these career fields, and CompTIA developed the Strata certification.
Many IT or technology-related fields, such as system administrator, sales engineer, account manager,
and business development manager, don't require the ability to totally disassemble and re-assemble
a server or to design a network from scratch. The CompTIA Strata certification covers the technology
of computer hardware basics, compatibility issues and common errors, software installation and
functions, and security risks and prevention. The exam accesses the candidate's knowledge of green
IT and preventative maintenance of computers.
Contents at a Glance:
Part 1 Understanding Computer Hardware
Chapter 1 Processors and Memory
Chapter 2 Input and Storage Devices
Chapter 3 Peripherals and Networking
Part 2 Installation, Maintenance, and Upgrades
Chapter 4 Setting Up a Computer
Chapter 5 Maintaining a Computer
Chapter 6 Installing and Configuring Software
Chapter 7 Updating and Upgrading Hardware
Part 3 Troubleshooting and Security
Chapter 8 Troubleshooting Operational Problems
Chapter 9 Security and Access Control
Chapter 10 Safe, Legal, and Green Computer Usage
Book includes CD with Sybex Test Engine including:
• All the review questions covered in the book
• Challenging questions representative of those you'll find on the real exam
• Six practice exams available only on the CD
• An assessment test to narrow your focus to certain objective groups
• Electronic flash cards to jog your memory as last minute preparation for the exam
Not only is CompTIA Strata certification important for IT or technology-related career fields that
don't require the in-depth knowledge of the more advanced certifications, but Strata certification
can also be a stepping-stone to the higher certifications. Strata is an excellent pursuit for individuals
preparing to enter the IT workforce and professionals changing careers to IT or technology-related fields.
Click here for more information.
More Computer Anatomy Articles:
• Understanding Your PC's CPU Clock Speed and Front Side Bus
• Understanding Your Motherboard
• Hard Drives - ATA versus SATA
• How Does a Laptop Battery Work?
• Power Supply Form Factors
• The Universal Serial Bus
• Build Your Own Computer
• CompTIA Strata Study Guide
• ABC's Of DVD Drive Abbreviations
• SD (Secure Digital) Memory Card Basics