Remove Spyware with Spybot - Search & Destroy
By Stephen Bucaro
How do you know if your PC is hosting spyware? Do new toolbars appear in your Web browser
that you didn't install? has your Web homepage changed without you changing it? Do pop-up
ads appear even on sites you know don't use popups? The worst kind of spyware you may
not have any indication it's there - a key logger that will log every keystroke you make
in order to capture your passwords and credit card information.
Most anti-virus programs will also detect spyware, but there is one application that is extremely
proficient in detecting and removing spyware - Spybot - Search & Destroy. Spybot - Search & Destroy
has won awards from PC Magazine, PC User, ZDNet, and many others. And it's free for home
users, although corporate users are required to purchase a yearly license.
Spybot - Search & Destroy scans your computer's hard disk and RAM for spyware and adware.
Then, not only does it remove the malicious software, it can also repair damage done to the
registry. Some programs come with attached spyware and refuse to run when the spyware
is not present. Spybot - Search & Destroy replace the spyware binaries with inert dummies
to fool those programs. It also includes an immunize feature to block the installation of
spyware before it occurs.
Some spyware manufacturers, knowing the program's popularity have created clones with
the same name and same user interface. Users download and install the clone, but instead of
removing spyware, they install spyware. It is, therefore, very inportant to download Spybot - Search & Destroy
from the applications website at safer-networking.org
or from another reliable source.
More Windows Administration Information:
• Don't Let a Ransomware Attack Hold Your Data Hostage
• An Introduction to Forensics Data Acquisition From Android Mobile Devices
• FREE Antivirus Software Avast!
• What's a Root Kit and How Hackers Are Getting Into Your Computer With It
• Ransomware and How To Protect Yourself
• Flash Animations and Videos Install Viruses
• Keep Your Internet Browsing Private with InPrivate Browsing
• How to Protect Yourself Against Keyloggers
• The Complete Malware Prevention, Protection, and Removal Guide
• Tips to Protect Windows Vista Operating System