Command Line to Get Computer's Model, Vendor, and Serial Number
By Stephen Bucaro
WMIC (Windows Management Interface Command) is a command line tool that returns
information about the system where it's run. To open a command line shell, at the
bottom of the screen, left side of the taskbar, in the Windows search text box,
type cmd. To learn your computers model, vendor, and serial number, type the
command shown below at the command prompt.
wmic csproduct get name,vendor,identifyingNumber
Perfoming an online search with the name and vendor information provided will
return loads of information allowing you to find upgrade, troubleshoot, or repair
More Windows Administration Information:
• Installing a Network Printer on Windows XP and Vista
• How to Change Process Priorities in Windows Task Manager
• Use the HOSTS File to Block Web Sites
• What Is Virtualization and What Are the Benefits?
• How to Configure the msdos.sys file
• Find Your WiFi Password on Windows 10
• Cortana, Assistant or Spy?
• Server Virtualization - What It's All About
• Video Tutorial 3 - The Windows 7 Backup and Restore Utility
• CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide