Command Line to Get Computer's Model, Vendor, and Serial Number
By Stephen Bucaro
WMIC (Windows Management Interface Command) is a command line tool that returns
information about the system where it's run. To open a command line shell, at the
bottom of the screen, left side of the taskbar, in the Windows search text box,
type cmd. To learn your computers model, vendor, and serial number, type the
command shown below at the command prompt.
wmic csproduct get name,vendor,identifyingNumber
Perfoming an online search with the name and vendor information provided will
return loads of information allowing you to find upgrade, troubleshoot, or repair
More Windows Administration Information:
• Windows PC Performance Troubleshooting and Optimisation
• Installing a Network Printer on Windows XP and Vista
• Video Tutorial 2 - The Windows 7 Backup and Restore Utility
• Is Your Critical PC Data Adequately Protected From Disaster?
• Free Tool to Uninstall Windows 10 Store Apps
• Server Virtualization - What It's All About
• Turn Off Windows 10 Snap and Shake
• Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
• What Is Virtualization and What Are the Benefits?
• Disable Annoying "Get Windows 10" Message