Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• CompTIA Security+ Made Easy
• How to Backup Mails and Address Book of Outlook Express
• Planning a Backup and Restoration of Files for Disaster Recovery
• Disable Automatic Wireless Configuration in Windows 7
• Windows 7 Tweaks
• Windows 10 New Storage View
• Retrieving Information from Computers Belonging to an Active Directory OU
• How to Become a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional)
• NTFS Permissions
• PC Technician's Guide to Providing Telephone Support