Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• Make Windows 10 File Explorer Open to This PC instead of Quick Access
• How to Manually Register DLL in Microsoft Windows
• Configuring Windows as a NTP (Network Time Protocol) Server
• WSH to Master Your Computer
• Disable Cutesy Effects to Speed Up Windows 10
• Application, Program, Process, Service, Thread; What Does it All Mean?
• Use PowerShell and WMI to Get CPU Information
• Recovering an Older Version of a File
• Windows 2000 Security Overview
• Installing a Network Printer on Windows XP and Vista