Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• Easy PC to PC Files and Settings Transfer Cable
• Three Important Techniques for Securing a Wireless Network
• NTFS Permissions
• Security Risks and Ways to Decrease Vulnerabilities in a 802.11b Wireless Environment
• Put HyperTerminal on Windows 7
• PC Technician's Software Copyright Responsibilities
• Set Up Parental Controls
• Kill The Messenger (Service)
• Introduction to DOS
• Cortana, Assistant or Spy?