Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• DOS Switches and Wild Cards
• How to Become a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional)
• Disable Programs That Run at Startup on Windows 10
• How to Setup DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) on a Windows Server
• Planning a Backup and Restoration of Files for Disaster Recovery
• Create a Windows 7 Disk Image Backup
• What is the difference between MSI and EXE Installations?
• Guide To Setting Up Dual Monitors
• Create and Change Password, Picture and User Name in Windows 7
• View a Brief List of Windows 10's Recent Problems