Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• Windows 2000 Security Overview
• Windows PC Performance Troubleshooting and Optimisation
• Turn Off Windows XP Service Pack 2 Firewall
• Create a Windows 7 Disk Image Backup
• How to Erase a Hard Disk Drive Permanently
• Common Issues With Windows Firewall
• Installing a Network Printer on Windows XP and Vista
• Hard Disk Management
• How to Harden a Server
• How to Reset Windows 7 Password