Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• How to Setup DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) on a Windows Server
• Firewall Rules
• Script to Identify Your Systems HAL
• PC Technician's Guide to Providing Telephone Support
• CompTIA Security+ Made Easy
• How to Configure the msdos.sys file
• NTFS Permissions
• Hands-On Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Administration
• CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide
• Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP