Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• Understanding Windows 7 Security Center
• Restrict Web Browsing With Internet Explorer
• How to Share a Folder in Windows 7
• Network Security Through the Principle of Least Privilege
• Windows 10 New Storage View
• How to Change Process Priorities in Windows Task Manager
• How to Disable Windows Firewall in Windows 7
• How to Configure the msdos.sys file
• Disable Cutesy Effects to Speed Up Windows 10
• Search for Text in Text Files