Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• Disable Indexing to Speed Up Your Computer
• Is Your Critical PC Data Adequately Protected From Disaster?
• View a Brief List of Windows 10's Recent Problems
• How to Erase a Hard Disk Drive Permanently
• Planning a Backup and Restoration of Files for Disaster Recovery
• Defend Your Business with a Firewall
• Video Tutorial 3 - The Windows 7 Backup and Restore Utility
• Disable Automatic Wireless Configuration in Windows 7
• WSH to Master Your Computer
• Recovering an Older Version of a File