Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• To Protect Your PC Disable the Windows Scripting Host
• Introduction to DOS
• Free Tool to Uninstall Windows 10 Store Apps
• How to Share a Printer
• Configure Vista's Data Execution Prevention
• Server Virtualization - What It's All About
• How to Become a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional)
• Three Important Techniques for Securing a Wireless Network
• How to Audit Security Permissions and Access Rights in Active Directory