Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• Retrieving Information from Computers Belonging to an Active Directory OU
• Video Tutorial 1 - The Windows 7 Backup and Restore Utility
• Tweaks to Speed Up Internet Streaming Video
• Make a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Windows 10
• Computer Data Backups - Test Now or Cry Later
• The Fastest Way to Move PC to PC
• Disable Cutesy Effects to Speed Up Windows 10
• How to Change Process Priorities in Windows Task Manager
• Choosing a Tape Drive
• What is Windows Aero and Mouse Gestures?