Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• The Security and Maintenance of Messages in Outlook Express
• How to Setup a VPN Between Two Computers
• How to Transfer a Large Amount of Data Between Two Windows 10 Computers
• How to Setup DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) on a Windows Server
• CompTIA Security+ Made Easy
• Configure Windows Indexing Service for Performance
• Command Line to Get Computer's Numner of CPU Cores
• Video Tutorial 2 - The Windows 7 Backup and Restore Utility
• What Is Virtualization and What Are the Benefits?
• How to Configure the msdos.sys file