Configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only
By Stephen Bucaro
Unfortunately, by default Windows 10 taskbar Search is configured to "Search the Web
and Windows", which first connects to Microsoft's bing search engine and searches
Microsoft's Windows Store. When I use Search, I don't want to go shopping, I want to
search my computer. And If I want to search the Web, I'll use Google. If you feel
the same way, here's how to configure Windows 10 to Search Windows Only:
1. Select the Search box next to the "Start" button.
2. Click Settings (next to the gear icon) - a menu of Cortana options appears.
3. Set "Cortana can give you suggestions ..." to Off.
4. Set "Search online and include Web results" to Off.
The search box will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Search the Web and Windows" or "Ask me anything".
More Windows Administration Information:
• Use Free Autoruns Utility to Disable Unnecessary Startup Programs
• Easy PC to PC Files and Settings Transfer Cable
• Set the User's Profile Information
• Create and Change Password, Picture and User Name in Windows 7
• What is Hyper-V in Windows Server 2019?
• Top Ten RAID Tips
• Understanding Windows 7 Security Center
• What Are Windows Server Containers?
• How to Audit Security Permissions and Access Rights in Active Directory
• Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure