Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• Script to Identify Your Systems HAL
• Video Tutorial 3 - The Windows 7 Backup and Restore Utility
• Turn Off Windows XP Service Pack 2 Firewall
• Disable Unnecessary Background Apps
• How to Configure the msdos.sys file
• Windows PC Performance Troubleshooting and Optimisation
• Installing a Network Printer on Windows XP and Vista
• The Fastest Way to Move PC to PC
• Msconfig - Microsoft's Secret Weapon to Increase Your Computer's Speed
• How to Share a Printer