Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• How to Install Hyper-V on Windows Server 2019
• Video Tutorial 2 - The Windows 7 Backup and Restore Utility
• Easy PC to PC Files and Settings Transfer Cable
• Video - Microsoft Remote Desktop - Part Two
• Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP
• Basic Functions of Microsoft Active Directory
• Planning a Backup and Restoration of Files for Disaster Recovery
• Windows Server 2019 and PowerShell All-in-One For Dummies
• Tweaks to Speed Up Internet Streaming Video