Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• View a Brief List of Windows 10's Recent Problems
• WSH to Master Your Computer
• The Security and Maintenance of Messages in Outlook Express
• The Fastest Way to Move PC to PC
• Windows 10 Diagnostic Data Send to Microsoft
• Is Your Critical PC Data Adequately Protected From Disaster?
• Set Up Parental Controls
• Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates
• NTFS Permissions
• Guide To Setting Up Dual Monitors