Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• Disable Cutesy Effects to Speed Up Windows 10
• Create and Change Password, Picture and User Name in Windows 7
• Video - How to Remove the Bloat from Your PC
• Use the HOSTS File to Block Web Sites
• The Security and Maintenance of Messages in Outlook Express
• How to Disable Windows Firewall in Windows 7
• Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
• DOS Tasklist and Taskkill Commands
• How to Map a Network Folder in Windows 7