Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• PC Technician Certifications and Professional Organizations
• The Security and Maintenance of Messages in Outlook Express
• Disable Automatic Wireless Configuration in Windows 7
• Make Windows 10 File Explorer Open to This PC instead of Quick Access
• Security Risks and Ways to Decrease Vulnerabilities in a 802.11b Wireless Environment
• Microsoft Licensing Explained
• Computer Technician's Guide to Dealing with Customers
• How to Setup a VPN Between Two Computers
• Application, Program, Process, Service, Thread; What Does it All Mean?
• Easy PC to PC Files and Settings Transfer Cable