Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• Application, Program, Process, Service, Thread; What Does it All Mean?
• Computer Technician's Guide to Dealing with Customers
• What is Windows Aero and Mouse Gestures?
• What is the difference between MSI and EXE Installations?
• Set Up Parental Controls
• PC Technician's Software Copyright Responsibilities
• Disable Annoying "Get Windows 10" Message
• How to Setup DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) on a Windows Server
• Computer Technician's Guide to Safety
• Is Your Critical PC Data Adequately Protected From Disaster?