Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• NTFS Permissions
• Turn Off Windows XP Service Pack 2 Firewall
• What is Windows Aero and Mouse Gestures?
• Search for Text in Text Files
• Disable Programs That Run at Startup on Windows 10
• Three Important Techniques for Securing a Wireless Network
• Make a Shortcut to Create a Restore Point on Windows 10
• Top Ten RAID Tips
• Defend Your Business with a Firewall
• Disable Long Filenames to Improve Window's Performance