Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• How to Become a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional)
• How to Share a Folder in Windows 7
• How to Configure the msdos.sys file
• Installing a Local Printer on Windows Vista
• Video - Microsoft Remote Desktop - Part One
• Introduction to DOS
• Create and Change Password, Picture and User Name in Windows 7
• Use Free Autoruns Utility to Disable Unnecessary Startup Programs
• Restrict Web Browsing With Internet Explorer
• Turn Off Windows 10 Snap and Shake