Uninstall OneNote from Windows 10
By Stephen Bucaro
Windows 10 comes with many pre-installed apps to sucker you into Microsoft's revenue
stream generating OneDrive cloud storage. One of those is OneNote, the note-taking app.
Since nowadays hard drive storage is running at $20 a terabyte, nobody needs to pay
for cloud storage. If you want to remove OneNote from your computer, here's how:
1. In the Start Menu Search box type: PowerShell.
2. Right-click on PowerShell and Click Run as adminstrator.
3. In PowerShell, after the prompt type:
Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
4. type exit to close the PowerShell.
You have now removed OneNote from your computer, but be aware, Microsoft will take
every opportunity to reinstall it if you're not alert. For example if you install
one of Microsoft's office products, OneNote will be installed along with it.
More Windows Administration Information:
• Find Your WiFi Password on Windows 10
• Use Free Autoruns Utility to Disable Unnecessary Startup Programs
• How to Disable Windows Firewall in Windows 7
• Common Issues With Windows Firewall
• Windows PC Performance Troubleshooting and Optimisation
• Restrict Web Browsing With Internet Explorer
• Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
• Configuring Windows as a NTP (Network Time Protocol) Server
• Top Ten RAID Tips
• Disable Unnecessary Background Apps