Swap Mouse Buttons
By Stephen Bucaro
One of the biggest benefits of a GUI (Graphical Users Interface) is the fact that
you don't need to type everything, many of your tasks can be accomplished by simply
clicking on a mouse key. The standard mouse has two buttons, the left button is used
to select, open, close, and move elements of the interface, and the right button is
used to open context menus. But what if you're a "left-handed".
About 12 percent of the population is left-handed and they are usually forced to
function in a right-handed world. Fortunately, Windows lets you swap the functions
of the mouse buttons. It's important to let left-handed people be as productive as
possible because, on average, left-handed people are more creative than right-handed
people. That's why occupations like designer and architect have a higher percentage
of left-handed people than the general population.
To swap mouse buttons:
1. Select Start | Settings | Control Panel and open the Mouse utility.
2. In the Mouse utility, select the "Buttons" tab.
3. On the "Buttons" tab, in the "Button Configuration" section, set the checkbox
next to "Switch primary and secondary buttons".
4. Use the right mouse button to click on the [Apply] button, and then on the [OK] button.
After swapping the functions of the mouse buttons things might seem a little strange.
It might take even a left-handed person some time to get used to it. Then you have to
deal with the fact that you'll need to use the opposite button called for in all computer
documentation and articles, including the ones on this website.
More Windows Tips:
• How To Build A Mortgage Calculator For Free in Microsoft Excel
• Windows 10 Shortcut to Turn Laptop Camera On or Off
• How to Write Protect a File
• Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
• Video - How to Download Videos from YouTube
• Use ReadyBoost to Improve PC performance
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• View Your Windows Update Log
• Configure Recycle Bin to Immediately Delete Files