eBay Photos That Sell
Taking Great Product Shots for eBay and Beyond
Anyone can sell their stuff online. The challenge is to do it better than the competition
and get the best possible results, every time. If you're attempting to sell your guitar
on eBay, a photo of Aunt Pearl June strumming it in the backyard isn't likely to cut it.
Does that mean you need to hire a professional photographer or invest in expensive equipment?
Not if you follow the ingenious advice in this book!
eBay Photos That Sell reader Patricia A. Leonard from Seattle, Washington says,
"This is a great book and definitely a rare find as few books focus on product photography.
The steps given for shooting great photos of items you want to sell on eBay are simple and
easy to understand. The techniques outlined are easy to follow and you don't have to be a
professional photographer to understand what is involved. It has been proven that ads with
great photos on eBay are more likely to be successful auctions and attract more bidders.
If you're serious about selling on eBay, this book is a must read."
eBay Photos That Sell teaches home-spun entrepreneurs how to create professional-quality
product photos using a standard digital camera and a few handy tricks and inexpensive
techniques. With page after page of inspiring examples and expert insights, you'll figure
out how to capture everything from hats to wineglasses to MP3 players. You'll understand
what makes one photo better than another and discover how to create images that viewers
connect with--ones that evoke the "I must have this" feeling. Ultimately, it will help
you attract customers and make sales, without investing a lot of time or money.
Inside, you'll learn how to:
- Follow the basic rules for taking crisp, well-lit shots that outshine the competition
- Set up shots quickly in your home or office
- Create props and accessories from inexpensive items found at home or the local hardware store
- Know how and when to use your camera's features, bells, and whistles to your advantage
- Take the time to set up your photograph properly so you don't have to fix things later
- Use photo-editing software to make final adjustments
- Learn to size and format your photos effectively for the Web
vKnow when a simple black background is the best way to make your image pop
- Build a safe and organized place to store your pictures so you can easily find them