How to avoid Mystery Shopping Drawbacks and Scams
Mystery shopping is a fun filled job but there is a negative side to it too. There are many drawbacks of mystery shopping. They are as follows:
• The biggest drawback is that people can charge you for providing any
service related to finding a job as mystery shopper. These service providers can cheat you by offering jobs on contract basis for months or years
and charge you heavily for that. There is no guaranty that on paying the fees you would get a job for longer period. The employer is supposed to
pay for the amount for work. If an employee is paying to get a job, it means something is wrong some where. Mystery shoppers are taken for a ride.
• Luring mystery shoppers by promising them to give free TV and other
such objects of luxury is also one of the traps, which enthusiastic aspirants fall prey to.
• Some companies can ask for personal details like credit card number or even bank account number.
• Others may even ask you to part with some bucks to pay for the secret list.
• While some others may claim to provide mystery shopping certificate to get you a job which is never true.
• Some mystery shopping resources on Internet provide fake phone numbers and out of order websites.
• None of the companies provide serious help in finding a job.
• There is no scope for refund of money spent on these fake mystery shopping companies.
• Some of these fake companies provide poor web pages that can hardly be read.
• Mystery shoppers often use hidden cameras, which is sometimes risky.
It can create havoc if the mystery shopper is not an honest person. The mystery shopper can misuse it to invade employee privacy and later blackmail them.
• The reports provided by the mystery shoppers are not always accurate.
They are sometimes their own personal opinions or suggestions to improve the prevailing conditions of a store.
• If the mystery shopper is a kind of person who is sensitive and
emotional then he or she may end up with the guilt of lying to someone as he or she would be faking while shopping. It can ruin his or her mental peace.