The Best Home Businesses for the 21st Century
The Inside Information You Need to Know to Select a
Home-Based Business That's Right for You!
Based on the top-selling Best Home Businesses for the 90s, this is a completely
updated, comprehensive look at the leading businesses for small and home-based entrepreneurs
in the 21st century. This guide is a proven helpful compendium of business opportunities
suited for those who want to work from home.
An introductory section explains the requirements for operating a home-based business.
Then each of the profiles outlines what the business entails, contrasts its advantages
and disadvantages, lays out specific steps to get started, and suggests ways to identify
and attract customers.
Some of the businesses outlined in this book ...
• Abstracting Service
• Advertising Agency
• Association Management Service
• Bed-and Breakfast Inn
• Bodywork and Massage Therapy
• Bookkeeping Service and Bill-Paying Service
• Business Broker
• Business Network Organizer
• Business Plan Writer
• Caterer and Personal Chef
• Cleaning Services
• Computer Consultant
• Computer Programmer
• Computer Repair
• Consulting to Business and Other Organizations
The authors, Paul and Sarah Edwards explore the best opportunities for self-employment
in the next century, and provide expert, step-by-step advice on:
• the skills and knowledge needed to startup
• the start-up costs, pricing, and potential earnings
• the best ways to get new business
• the advantages and disadvantages of each business
• the hands-on advice of those already in the field
professional organizations, books, seminars, and Web sites for each business are also included.
The Best Home Businesses for the 21st Century provides comprehensive profiles
of more than one hundred hot new businesses that promise to be the top opportunities
for small-business people in the future. This book's greatest asset is the specific
estimates for start-up costs and recommendations on how to price products and services.
• Desktop Publishing
• Desktop Video
• Editorial Services: Editing, Proofreading, Indexing
• Elder Services: Elder Relocation Service, and Other Elder Services
• Errand Services
• Executive Search
• Expert Referral Service/Brokerage
• Export Agent
• Family Child-Care Provider
• Financial Advisor
• Fitness Trainer
• Gift Basket Business
• Home Inspector
• Image Consultant and Personal Shopper, Clothing Sales
• Information Professional/Broker