How to Start a Home-Based Handyman Business
Homeowners come in all shapes and sizes, and differing degrees of fix-it
abilities. But one thingís for sure: The more money someone earns, the less
economical it is for them to tie up time cleaning gutters, replacing light
switches, or tend to a thousand other repair and maintenance issues large,
small, and everywhere in between. Thatís where you, the handyman, come in.
If youíve ever dreamed of starting your own home-based handyman business
but have been hesitant to put your business plans into action, this book
is for you. It contains all the necessary tools and success strategies you
need to launch and grow your business. Veteran handyman, contractor, and
author Terry Meany shares his experiences and advice on every aspect of the trade.
Learn how to develop a business plan, estimate your start-up costs, price
your services, and stay profitable once youíre in business. Read all about
getting clients and referrals, outshining the competition, bidding
competitively, establishing your daily schedule, organizing your business,
getting paid, and much more.
• Turning Skills and Work Experience into a Business
• What Can You Offer that's Unique?
• Picking and Choosing Your Work
• Customers - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
• Organization and Management
• Fixed Costs, Variable Costs, and Estimated Fees
• Bonding and Insurance
• Licensing and Taxes
• Estimates and Contracts
• Business Vehicles
• Mechanic's Lean
• Accounting and Record Keeping
• Trade and Bartering
• Marketing Your Services
• Employees and Temporary Laborers
• Contracting Out Specialty Work
• plus much more
This book is packed with charts and worksheets that show:
• A sample phone call from your first customer
• Business plan basics
• Start-up costs and a start-up checklist
• A sample contract
• Marketing strategies, including Internet options
Click here for more information.