Start a PC Cleaning Business
By Stephen Bucaro
Want a home business with very low startup costs, only very light physical labor
in a temperature controlled environment, that doesn't require great technical
knowledge, and provides a crucial service to all size business customers? Start
a PC Cleaning Business.
To market your PC cleaning business, you'll need to get the message out to local
businesses about the problems caused by dirt in PCs and the benefits of having
clean PC's. Explain how eliminating these problems and receiving these benefits
goes right to your customers bottom line.
Problems Caused By a Dirty PC
1. Dirt and dust accumulates on heat sinks acting as an insulator and causing
chips to run hotter, reducing their life expectancy.
2. Dirt and dust accumulates on fans, including the power supply and CPU fans,
causing them to lose efficiency and allowing heat to build up inside the case.
3. Dirt and dust accumulates on the case's ventilation holes blocking cool
air from entering the case and blocking hot air from exiting the case.
4. Sticky mice, grimy keyboards, and dirty monitor screens reduce employee
Benefits of a Clean PC
1. Clean equipment runs cooler, extending its life expectancy.
2. A cooler running PC crashes less frequently resulting in less data loss.
3. A PC with a clean mouse, keyboard, and screen make the user feel better
and become more productive.
Why would a business want to hire you clean their PCs rather than do it themselves?
1. Employees, especially IT department employees, don't like to clean PC's
or anything else. It's below their dignity.
2. The company's PCs may be shared, that is, no individual has a specific PC that
they alone always use. Employees don't like to clean up after somebody else.
3. The company's employees may not be technically qualified to clean a PC.
Your PC Cleaning Kit
• antistatic wrist strap *
• cotton swabs
• paper towels
• Lint free cloths
• general purpose cleaner
• rubbing alcohol
• cleaning wipes designed for LCD screens *
• can of compressed air *
• buckets to hold cleaners and cloths
• screwdriver to open case
* available from computer or office-supply stores