Some Useful Tips on Starting a Home Daycare Business
Starting your own home based business give you tremendous financial independence as well
as socially interact with people. If you love children and enjoy taking care of them, then
starting your very own home daycare can be very rewarding. As a caretaker of young kids,
you can have a positive influence in not just in their life, but also their parents' and
in your own community. So if you genuinely love children and are blessed with lots of
patience, understanding, and kindness then a home daycare business is perfect for you!
Benefits of Starting Home Daycare Business
There are many benefits of starting home daycare, but perhaps the most important benefits are:
- Low Capital: Starting your own home daycare business means having to invest very little money.
- Increasing Demand: There is an increasing demand for day care business, as the number of
working parents increases rapidly.
- Emotionally Rewarding: As a home daycare provider you can contribute positively towards
the growth of all the children in your care.
- Enjoy Spending Time With Your Own Kids: Having your own home daycare business will offer
you the freedom to enjoy spending time with your own children even when working!
Useful Tips on Starting a Home Daycare Business
The below mentioned tips/guidelines will help prepare you for starting and running your
own home daycare business:
1. Check local regulations: Depending on which state of America you stay in, you will be
required to apply for a license. While some states require you to sign an affidavit confirming
that you have never been convicted of any crime, many others do not require such paperwork.
2. First Aid and CPR: It's a good idea to enroll for a CPR class as well as learn the
basics of first aid before you start your home daycare business. These will help you in
the long run especially since children are prone to getting hurt all the time!
3. Buying the right equipment/accessories: Once you decide upon the age of children you
are allowed to take care of you will have to buy items such as tables, chairs, cups,
plates, beds, mats, sheets, books, toys (both outdoor and indoor) etc. to ensure that
every child at your home daycare is comfortable and well-taken care of.
4. Fix the Working Hours: Deciding what hours your home daycare will be operational will
help you stay organized while ascertaining that you also get to spend quality time with
just your family. You may want to be a little flexible with the working hours are some
parents may not be working similar hours.
5. Fix an hourly rate: This can be very hard. Check the rates of other local providers and
decide if your hourly rate includes snacks, field trips etc. Also work out the frequency
of payment - weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc.
I am sure with all these useful tips you will be ready to start your own home daycare
business. After all, there is really nothing more rewarding than owning your own business!
©CG Groth Inc 2007 The "Daycare Diva", Christine G. Groth, is the creator of "The Guide to
Instant Daycare Profits". To learn more about this step-by-step program and to sign-up for
her FREE "How to Start a Daycare" tips and articles, visit
Experts at Daycare