Start a New Business by Getting Paid to Take Digital Photographs
Wherever in the world you live, you can make money using even the simplest digital
camera! There is a massive online and offline demand for good quality pictures, and while
some of that demand does not reward you financially, there is every opportunity to get
paid a decent sum for the photographs you supply.
Before the invention of digital photography, unless you were a professional, with
dark-room facilities of your own, you were at the mercy of photograph processing outlets
to get your photographs developed and printed. Unfortunately many of these outlets were
run appallingly, not only losing photos, but also taking far too long, and charging
ridiculous fees for producing inferior quality work.
Now, however, the answer lies in our own hands. If we have a digital camera, even if it
is from the cheaper end of the market, we can get from the picture's creation to its production
in a matter of minutes. You can even see it the second after you release the shutter!
So, where does the demand actually come from?
Of course traditional sources like our newspapers and magazines, both print and online,
frequently request readers to send in their photographs of events, incidents or just something
a little quirky! Before the arrival of digital photography, this was almost unknown.
However, the real demand comes from:
• Internet website designers and publishers across a wide variety of subject matter
• Holiday and travel companies, for both their print brochures and online
• Online and offline real estate agents
• Post card publishers
• The whole of the greetings card industry
• Lifestyle and specialty magazines
• Advertising agencies
• Gossip magazines and websites
• E-brochure publishers ... and so on.
I think you now get the picture.
As mentioned earlier, it really does not matter whether you live in Tennessee, Torquay,
or Timbuktu, the web is borderless and you can send your photographs to anywhere where a
defined market exists. So, where might you be able to identify this market? While there
are not too many websites offering you this opportunity, a simple search on Google, Yahoo,
MSN or whatever other favourite search engine you have, should reveal sufficient to keep
you busy for a few hours reading through their requirements.
These are a few of the subject matters that are in demand:
• Cute babies, especially more than one in the picture
• Animals, particularly looking regal, cute or funny
• Stunning scenery/landscapes
• Flowers, trees, shrubs and gardens, formal and informal
• Well known landmarks
• Children and adults at family parties
• Houses, interiors and exteriors
• Architectural and historical buildings of note
• Sports events/players/spectators etc.
• Cars and motor bikes