Publish eBooks for Profit
There has never been better time to write an eBook. eBooks and other "How-To" Manuals are the
hottest thing selling on the internet right now. There is a phenomenal global potential to
distribute information products using the Internet.
Writing about what you know and publishing it in eBooks is one of the most effective ways to
grow your professional service business. Publishing information products can help you become a
recognized authority in your area of expertise as well as substantially increase your income.
Writing an eBook or other information product will help you to:
• market and grow your business
• focus your energy and business efforts
• develop a strong reputation
• establish yourself as a recognized expert in your field
• stand out in a crowded marketplace
• attract traffic to your web site
• gain you new clients with less effort
• get you noticed by the media
• expand your business globally
• command much higher fees
• earn passive income
With all those advantages, writing an eBook or information product would seem like a great
thing to do. And it is.
Here are some tips to get you off to a great start:
1. Choose a Subject for Your eBook or How-To Manual
• Research the needs of your target market
• Get feedback from your current clients and customers
• Decide on a topic and research it well
• Get clear on the benefits of your solution for your target audience
2. Create an Outline
An outline is a roadmap for the subjects you plan to cover as you write - the steps to
the solution you have for the problem your target market has.
• Brainstorm ideas about everything you want to share on your subject.
• Write ten points you want your readers to know about your topic.
• Define the problem your target market has, and the solutions you have for
each of their specific challenges. This becomes the outline for your book.
• Transfer this list to a table of contents.
• Expand on each point.
• Create a new directory folder on your computer for your eBook project.
3. Define Your Book Topic
Define your book topic in a one or two sentence description to bring your entire project
into focus. Define the core of your message and build everything around that. Create a "book
hook" to position yourself as an expert.
4. Guidelines for Focused Productivity While Writing Your eBook
You will have to have to commit a certain amount of time and take focused, consistent
action to achieve results.
• Set an intention and make the commitment to make this project your number one priority.
• Focus your writing time: commit to writing in large blocks of time, or at
least 2 hours a day, or 3 to 5 pages a day.
• Begin each day with your number one priority - writing your eBook.
• Enroll the support of a writing partner, a group, or a coach.