Increase Windows 7 Notifiction Display Time
By Stephen Bucaro
You've undoubtedly seen Windows 7 notification balloons displayed in taskbar area.
By default a notification message appears for 5 seconds and then slowly fades away.
Unfortunately it requires more than 5 seconds for me to fetch a cup of coffee and
return to my PC. I may well have missed a notification message while I was gone.
If you have the same concern, you'll be happy to know that you can easily increase
the notification display time.
In Control Panel select the Ease of Access group. In the Ease of Access
group, click on the "Ease of Access Center" link. At the bottom of the Ease of
Access Center settings page click on the "Make it easier to focus on tasks" link.
At the bottom of the Make it easier to focus on tasks page, in the
Adjust time limits and flashing visuals section, in the "How long should
Windows notification dialog boxes stay open" drop-down list, select a time interval
up to 5 minutes. Click on the [OK] button.
Windows 7 notifications will now be displayed for the amount of time you have chosen.
It's safe to go grab that cup of coffee.
More Windows Tips:
• Change Vista's Start Menu Shutdown Option
• Windows 7 - Rename a Group of Files Simultaneously
• Windows Desktop Themes
• Windows Mouse Dead? - How to Get Around Windows Without the Rodent
• The Secret to Passing the Microsoft Office Specialist Exams
• Create a Shortcut to the Windows 10 Print Queue
• How To Build A Mortgage Calculator For Free in Microsoft Excel
• Record Your Own Windows Startup Greeting
• Add the Undo Button to File Ecplorer in Windows 10
• Disable Hibernation in Windows 7