Increase Windows 7 Notifiction Display Time
By Stephen Bucaro
You've undoubtedly seen Windows 7 notification balloons displayed in taskbar area.
By default a notification message appears for 5 seconds and then slowly fades away.
Unfortunately it requires more than 5 seconds for me to fetch a cup of coffee and
return to my PC. I may well have missed a notification message while I was gone.
If you have the same concern, you'll be happy to know that you can easily increase
the notification display time.
In Control Panel select the Ease of Access group. In the Ease of Access
group, click on the "Ease of Access Center" link. At the bottom of the Ease of
Access Center settings page click on the "Make it easier to focus on tasks" link.
At the bottom of the Make it easier to focus on tasks page, in the
Adjust time limits and flashing visuals section, in the "How long should
Windows notification dialog boxes stay open" drop-down list, select a time interval
up to 5 minutes. Click on the [OK] button.
Windows 7 notifications will now be displayed for the amount of time you have chosen.
It's safe to go grab that cup of coffee.
More Windows Tips:
• How to Remove Metadata From Files in Windows 7
• Configure Windows Taskbar
• Display Multiple Clocks in Windows 7 Taskbar
• Disable Windows 7 Automatic Resizing and Docking
• How to Fax Documents Using Windows XP
• How to Use Windows 7 Built-in Speech Recognition
• How To Build A Mortgage Calculator For Free in Microsoft Excel
• Why My Office Files Do Not Open
• How to Configure Windows 7 Autoplay
• Windows 7 - Five Ways to Move or Copy Files or Folders