Increase Windows 7 Notifiction Display Time
By Stephen Bucaro
You've undoubtedly seen Windows 7 notification balloons displayed in taskbar area.
By default a notification message appears for 5 seconds and then slowly fades away.
Unfortunately it requires more than 5 seconds for me to fetch a cup of coffee and
return to my PC. I may well have missed a notification message while I was gone.
If you have the same concern, you'll be happy to know that you can easily increase
the notification display time.
In Control Panel select the Ease of Access group. In the Ease of Access
group, click on the "Ease of Access Center" link. At the bottom of the Ease of
Access Center settings page click on the "Make it easier to focus on tasks" link.
At the bottom of the Make it easier to focus on tasks page, in the
Adjust time limits and flashing visuals section, in the "How long should
Windows notification dialog boxes stay open" drop-down list, select a time interval
up to 5 minutes. Click on the [OK] button.
Windows 7 notifications will now be displayed for the amount of time you have chosen.
It's safe to go grab that cup of coffee.
More Windows Tips:
• Disable Windows 7 Wireless Configuration Manager Service (WLAN AutoConfig)
• Remove My Recent Documents from the Start Menu
• Three Ways to Force a Program to Close
• Uninstall Windows Live Messenger From Windows 7
• Video - How to Download Videos from YouTube
• Most Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
• Disable Media Player Network sharing
• The Secret to Passing the Microsoft Office Specialist Exams
• Change Vista's Start Menu Shutdown Option
• Windows Desktop Themes