How to Fully Customize your Desktop
Customizing your desktop is easy and fun to do. You can change everything from
the sounds that your computer makes, to the screensaver that shows up during
inactivity. But that's not all that you can customize. Everything from the
colors of your windows to the font that displays a program name can also be
changed. Your toolbar and icons can even be organized and personalized to your
liking. It can truly do wonders for your computer experience.
Before you continue customizing your desktop, make sure that you backup any
files that you are going to change, just in case it doesn't work out and you
want your old sound(s), wallpaper, icon, and whatever else you decide to change.
Setting your Desktop's Theme
Customizing your desktop theme will liven up your computer, and provide a unique
experience every time you use it. It just all depends on how much time and
effort they put into making the desktop theme. I have seen some themes so
detailed that everything from the icons, to the text are perfectly designed to
match the theme. To begin customizing your desktop computer's theme, read below.
1. First, right click on your desktop, and click properties.
2. You should now be under the Themes tab.
3. Now you can choose what Theme you want to use. If you have never added any
themes before, then the default Themes should be the only ones there. If you
search on the web for "free desktop themes" then you can find more for free. If
you really want to get fancy, you should purchase Microsoft Plus!, which has a
ton of themes specially made for Windows.
Customizing your Wallpaper
Customizing your desktop's wallpaper is pretty important. Your wallpaper is the
color or picture that is currently showing on your desktop right now. Certain
operating systems even allow live web content to show up on your desktop, so you
can have streaming news, entertainment and whatever else you want. There are
tons of free wallpaper's available on the Internet, or you make your own using
digital camera photos of your friends and family members. Learn how to change
your wallpaper below.
1. First, close all programs and windows that you have open before you begin
customizing your desktop wallpaper.
2. Then right-click on your desktop.
3. Select properties from the bottom of the pop-up menu. Then this will bring up
the "Display Properties" window.
4. Click on the "Desktop" tab.
5. Then you can choose a background already available on the list, or you can
click the "Browse" button and choose an image that you have made or imported
from a digital camera.
6. Now, click the position drop down menu, and choose the appropriate setting.
Stretch is the best option since it will fit the image to the size of your screen.
7. Then you can click "OK" if all is well.