Windows Media Player 10 has been full of bugs from Microsoft since they offered it as a download from their site. Windows Media Player 9 was nice and simple. Windows Media Player 10 is way too complex and feature-rich that it has taken away from the simpleness of version 9 and ruined itself.
Another great media player is Winamp but we won't go into that right now.
If you have installed Windows Media Player 10, you can roll back to the version of the Player that was on your computer before installing Windows Media Player 10. To roll back from Windows Media Player 10 to a previous version, do the following:
In Control Panel (Category View), click Add or Remove Programs.
Click Remove a program
Now do one of the following: If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, select the Show updates check box (at the top of the list), click Windows Media Player 10 (in the Windows Updates section), and then click Change/Remove.
If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 1 or earlier, click Windows Media Player 10, and then click Change/Remove.
As of writing this many people have found bugs in WMP10 that make it unavailble for common audio and video files. If you find that WMP10 is crashing or giving you errors and you cant play your media files. Uninstall it with these directions and stay happy.
Be like the rest of the world and install Winamp.
Ken Savage is a Webmaster employee who writes about what is going on in the Tech industry usually days before it breaks to the rest of the world. He can be found at KenSavage.com
Learn more at amazon.com
More Windows Tips:
• Headphones: earbuds, on-ear, over-ear. What's the Difference?
• Diable Windows CD/DVD AutoPlay
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• Configure Folder Options
• Window 10 Power Management
• Configure Your Keyboard's Typomatic Functions
• Google Apps vs Microsoft Office 365: Which is Best for Your Business?
• How to Disable Windows Explorer's Annoying Tooltips Popups
• Access Useful Laptop Settings in the Windows Mobility Center
• Make Windows 10 Mouse Pointer More Visible