Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
Windows Media Player 10 has been full of bugs from Microsoft since they offered
it as a download from their site. Windows Media Player 9 was nice and simple.
Windows Media Player 10 is way too complex and feature-rich that it has taken
away from the simpleness of version 9 and ruined itself.
Another great media player is Winamp but we won't go into that right now.
If you have installed Windows Media Player 10, you can roll back to the version
of the Player that was on your computer before installing Windows Media Player
10. To roll back from Windows Media Player 10 to a previous version, do the following:
In Control Panel (Category View), click Add or Remove Programs.
Click Remove a program
Now do one of the following: If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2,
select the Show updates check box (at the top of the list), click Windows Media
Player 10 (in the Windows Updates section), and then click Change/Remove.
If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 1 or earlier, click Windows Media
Player 10, and then click Change/Remove.
As of writing this many people have found bugs in WMP10 that make it unavailble
for common audio and video files. If you find that WMP10 is crashing or giving
you errors and you cant play your media files. Uninstall it with these
directions and stay happy.
Be like the rest of the world and install
Ken Savage is a Webmaster employee who writes about what is going on in the Tech
industry usually days before it breaks to the rest of the world. He can be found
More Windows Tips:
• How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
• Windows 10 Keyboard Accessibility Settings
• How to Deal With a Windows Firewall Alert
• Capture the Computer's Screen With the Print Screen Key
• Restore a File's Previous Version
• Add More Information to a Files List
• Uninstall Windows Live Messenger From Windows 7
• Put a Help and Support Center Shortcut on Your Desktop
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• Windows 10 Shortcut to Turn Laptop Camera On or Off