How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
By Stephen Bucaro
Has your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive eaten a CD/DVD, and you can't get it out? If you
want to take that CD/DVD out of your CD-ROM, and the Eject button isn't working,
follow the steps below to get the disc of your drive.
1. Locate a standard wire paperclip and unbend one side of it.
2. Locate the Manual Eject hole, a small pinhole near the drive door.
3. Insert the paper clip in the hole, pushing it in firmly to release the spring-loaded latch.
4. When the door pops open, pull on the drive bay, but don't force it,
until it's open far enough so that you can remove the disc from the drive.
More Windows Tips:
• Google Apps vs Office 365
• Capture the Computer's Screen With the Print Screen Key
• Introducing Screensavers
• Change the Default Program for a File Type
• Cover Your Tracks in Internet Explorer
• How to Add and Remove Desktop Gadgets
• Use Windows Key Shortcuts
• Make PDF eBooks Read Themselves Outloud
• Disable Windows 7 Wireless Configuration Manager Service (WLAN AutoConfig)
• Turn Off the User Account Control