How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
By Stephen Bucaro
Has your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive eaten a CD/DVD, and you can't get it out? If you
want to take that CD/DVD out of your CD-ROM, and the Eject button isn't working,
follow the steps below to get the disc of your drive.
1. Locate a standard wire paperclip and unbend one side of it.
2. Locate the Manual Eject hole, a small pinhole near the drive door.
3. Insert the paper clip in the hole, pushing it in firmly to release the spring-loaded latch.
4. When the door pops open, pull on the drive bay, but don't force it,
until it's open far enough so that you can remove the disc from the drive.
More Windows Tips:
• Make PDF eBooks Read Themselves Outloud
• How to Hide Files in Windows 7
• Uninstall Windows Media Player 10 and Start Enjoying Your Media Again
• Turn Off the User Account Control
• How-to Capture the Computer?s Screen
• Configure the Start Menu
• How to Use Windows 7 Built-in Speech Recognition
• How to Add and Remove Desktop Gadgets
• Know Your Keyboard Shortcuts
• Make Your USB Drive Work Faster