How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
By Stephen Bucaro
Has your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive eaten a CD/DVD, and you can't get it out? If you
want to take that CD/DVD out of your CD-ROM, and the Eject button isn't working,
follow the steps below to get the disc of your drive.
1. Locate a standard wire paperclip and unbend one side of it.
2. Locate the Manual Eject hole, a small pinhole near the drive door.
3. Insert the paper clip in the hole, pushing it in firmly to release the spring-loaded latch.
4. When the door pops open, pull on the drive bay, but don't force it,
until it's open far enough so that you can remove the disc from the drive.
More Windows Tips:
• Configure Recycle Bin to Immediately Delete Files
• How to Remove a DVD or CD that's Stuck in the Drive
• Restore a File's Previous Version
• Where Did My Recycle Bin Go?
• Change the Windows 7 Desktop Background
• Display Multiple Clocks in Windows 7 Taskbar
• How to Remove Metadata From Files in Windows 7
• Put a Help and Support Center Shortcut on Your Desktop
• Create Your Own Custom Taskbar Toolbar
• Windows 7 - Five Ways to Move or Copy Files or Folders