How to Make a Free Website on Webs.com
If you want to make a free website for yourself, then you can go to
webs.com. In webs you can do
almost anything you want for free and the only thing you really can't to for free is have
a domain name. You can even get a 30 day free trial for a domain.
1. Go to webs.com and create an account. Once there, sign up on the right side of
the page. Enter your email address, create a password, and select the type of site
you want: business, group/organization, or personal. Then click "Get Started."
2. The registration continues on the next page. Type in the password again.
Then come up with a site address for your website. Lastly, pick a title for your website.
3. Select a template. There are a variety of templates for you to pick for your
website. If you like a particular design but prefer a different color, click on it
and roll over the color icons below to view the choices.
4. Choose pages for your site. A Homepage is a must, so it is checked for you
already. You can add and delete pages at any time. The recommended pages shown
there are: photos, members, news, contact, videos, forum, blog, and a calendar.
5. Finally, click "Create My Website." Once you have read the Terms of Service
and checked the box indicating that you have, you are ready to launch your very own
website! Be up-to-date with your site to keep others interested and coming back,
and tell your friends and family to check it out.
Article source: wikiHow is a group
effort to create a great resource: the world's largest free how to manual. wikiHow
articles help people solve their everyday problems. wikiHow licenses all content
under a Creative Commons License. The license allows wikiHow content to be used
freely for noncommercial purposes. The Creative Commons License also allows for the
creation of derivative works.
More General Web Design:
• How to Create an Effective Navigation Structure for Your Site
• Choosing a Domain Name
• Define The Design of Your Website
• Make Your Web Site User-Friendly
• A Beginner's Guide to Google Analytics
• Tips and Tricks to Optimize a Website's Speed
• Policies Your Web site Must Have
• Ten Important Points to Consider to Launch Your First Ecommerce Website
• The Five Biggest Mistakes Almost All Web Designers Make
• Five Ways to Enhance Your Website User Experience